Sign in to follow this  
Frank Zych

PMDG 747 Control Event ID's

Are there event ID's available for the 747. I know the 737 and 777 have control ID's. But what about the 747?

Frank

Frank Zych

Yes, there are. If you look into the 747v3 SDK you will find them

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

How do I derive an actual Event ID from that? For instance, I'd like to set a button on my controller to reset the Master Warning switch. On the 777 I would use the code 69809, but in the 747 SDK all I see is this:

// Master Warning/Caution
    bool            WARN_Reset_Sw_Pushed[2];            // MOMENTARY action
    bool            WARN_annunMASTER_WARNING[2];
    bool            WARN_annunMASTER_CAUTION[2];

I'm not sure what to make of it.

EDIT: Is there a particular program I should be using to view this file?

Edited by emersonbattle
Additional Question Added

The SDK presumes you have knowledge of C+ programing.  I can guess from your question that you do not.

Are you looking for offsets to be used for example in LUA plug-ins?  Pete Dowson has compiled a list of these in his FSUIPC documentation.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 6/22/2017 at 5:34 PM, emersonbattle said:

How do I derive an actual Event ID from that? For instance, I'd like to set a button on my controller to reset the Master Warning switch. On the 777 I would use the code 69809, but in the 747 SDK all I see is this:

// Master Warning/Caution
    bool            WARN_Reset_Sw_Pushed[2];            // MOMENTARY action
    bool            WARN_annunMASTER_WARNING[2];
    bool            WARN_annunMASTER_CAUTION[2];

I'm not sure what to make of it.

EDIT: Is there a particular program I should be using to view this file?

I know, bit of an old thread but I figured out how to read some of this stuff. What you'll want is this:

#define EVT_MASTER_WARNING_RESET_L                        (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 509)

All PMDG aircrafts with an SDK has this line in it and this 5 digit number:
#define THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN    0x00011000            // equals to 69632

What you do then is take is add the two numbers together to get your 5 digit code to enter into FSUIPC. 69632+509=70141

Go to FSUIPC select the Buttons &Switches tab. Press said button. Off to the right, check Select for FS Control. In the drop down menu select Custom Control. A new window pops up. Enter 70141 and hit ok. Under parameter, enter 1 and hit ok. You should now be able to press the button on your controller to control the Master Warning Switch. Search for these functions in the SDK that begin with "#define EVT_" and end with "(THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 509)" 

I've already programmed the 4 overhead start switches to both of my saitek throttle quads. I've programmed both No smoking and seat belt signs to my custom panel as well as the autobrakes using this method. 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2018 at 11:37 AM, leefree said:

I know, bit of an old thread but I figured out how to read some of this stuff. What you'll want is this:

#define EVT_MASTER_WARNING_RESET_L                        (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 509)

All PMDG aircrafts with an SDK has this line in it and this 5 digit number:
#define THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN    0x00011000            // equals to 69632

What you do then is take is add the two numbers together to get your 5 digit code to enter into FSUIPC. 69632+509=70141

Go to FSUIPC select the Buttons &Switches tab. Press said button. Off to the right, check Select for FS Control. In the drop down menu select Custom Control. A new window pops up. Enter 70141 and hit ok. Under parameter, enter 1 and hit ok. You should now be able to press the button on your controller to control the Master Warning Switch. Search for these functions in the SDK that begin with "#define EVT_" and end with "(THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 509)" 

I've already programmed the 4 overhead start switches to both of my saitek throttle quads. I've programmed both No smoking and seat belt signs to my custom panel as well as the autobrakes using this method. 

Thanks! I know it’s been a while, but somehow I missed this reply. I eventually found LINDA and used that to solve my problem, but this teaches me how to use a useful feature of FSUIPC. This helps me out a lot!