Sign in to follow this  
Guest prdant

Trying out Project AI

I'm starting to try PAI and I wonder if I get what I'm expected to get. I have installed all American airlines and I think I see slightly more planes at the airport (KMFR KFBI) than usual but I'm not certain. And I have the impression that realistically I would see much more and also that a commercial traffic addon would give much more planes. Can I conclude for certain if a plane I see is from PAI or just a default plane.I also have similar result from Landvetter ESGG and here I have downloaded nearly all European airlines.

Guest Tophatter

You should probably see a little more traffic at certain airports depending on the routes included with the PAI files. However keep in mind that if the default AI is till active they are using parking spots at the airports as well which may preclude some of the PAI aircraft from generating. I know PAI has files to remove the default traffic if you want that. Also you may want to download Microsoft's Traffic Toolbox SDK here: http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...wnloads_sdk.aspYou can then open the toolbox explorer from you FS menu and see which aircraft and airlines are active around you. It will show you destination and arrival airports etc. Bud

Guest Philip Olson

The one big thing that pops into my mind is that FS9 really only has a few parking spots set up at each airport and once those are full no more planes show up no matter how many flight plans you have. The answer to this is the "millions" of AFCAD files available for download, these will increase the amount of parking spots so that all of your planes will show up. PAI offers some packs which include many airports, you can also download individual airports and some packs here on Avsim, or finally you can create your own with the AFCAD program. Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest prdant

I too was surprised at the lack of a/c at the airport. With the help of this forum I was advised to install the AFCAD files found at projectai.com. Now I so many a/c that it is fun just to go into slew mode and hoover over the airport watching the traffic. I was also delayed into KORD by radar contact 4 due to a high volume of traffic at my ETD. Get those files, they are very easy to load.

> The one big thing that pops into my mind is that FS9 really>only has a few parking spots set up at each airport and once>those are full no more planes show up no matter how many>flight plans you have. The answer to this is the "millions" of>AFCAD files available for download, these will increase the>amount of parking spots so that all of your planes will show>up. PAI offers some packs which include many airports, you can>also download individual airports and some packs here on>Avsim, or finally you can create your own with the AFCAD>program. >I did installed these AFCAD packages. Question is how do I now if I need an specific AFCAD for a certain airport or if that was already included in the package?

Guest prdant

If you go onto the web site and navigate to the AFCAD section > FS2004 downloads then you can search for specific airports. It will tell you whether or not the file is in the official package or not. I did notice that some files require other scenery but I haven't gotten that far yet.