Sign in to follow this  
Nytro

Bye buy P3D v4 long life P3D v3...

So after alot of hours wasted in testing, switching around graphics settings etc I came to the conclusion 0 improvement = only disadvantages. For normal people at least... Maybe some crazy people who spend 1200 bucks only for the graphics card getting happy, possible but not likely.

I did some test flights as some guys know here, with reduced autogen in P3D v4 and still only 20 fps in some cases. I did the same test exact same time and plane (stock King Air) with even more autogen in v3 and voila 35 - 40 fps and zero stuttering, so more or less constant fps.

So the same autogen in v4 requires tremendous more power than in v3.

2nd problem is (as you know) 64 bit is a huge problem for Gauges. Almost every gauge is not working anymore. If you have some old beloved panels you will be screwed forever, you cant use them anymore. They will not get updated. As the devs, companys are bankrupt or closed for years already.

As well ORBX announced today that ObjectFlow & Vector will not get updated anytime soon. They had access month before us to the BETA so why they start developing only NOW? A disgrace. A very clever selling strategy! Of course they just announcing that AFTER their huge sales events just ended! Same with HifiSim Tech alias ActiveSky. They announced today open Beta will start "maybe in the next month or 2" as I understand it. A joke for paying customers and making sale events just before that announcement like ORBX. This sell strategy has a very bad taste, if you ask me... They had both a 30 or 50 % off deals running until 31th May in case youve missed it...

Before people complaining "oh its just 2 days out wait for a patch". No thats not the way how it works folks. v4 is a final version A FULL SIM + costs 200 dollars so it has to work at day 1 even the same like the previous v3 version. That being said, the should call it 3.3.5 BETA "let's see how many users have problems".

This is my personal opinion to v4 & companys who get huge profit from it. With that being said, it looks like a complete sellout before people gets it, that they are riding the wrong horse. Xplane 11 and ASFly 2 are coming big league... And no I dont have any of those, neither I will buy them.

So if you decide to buy it, dont even complain anymore :biggrin:

Where are you seeing that HiFi is delayed? Im not seeing that in their forum. They said they were already in beta. Can you provide a link please. I am curious. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I think this is harsh, ORBX will be available tomorrow with the noted exceptions and they will all follow in the near term. Maybe you will move over in 3 months when all is working perfectly.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2 minutes ago, warriorpilot said:

Where are you seeing that HiFi is delayed? Im not seeing that in their forum. They said they were already in beta. Can you provide a link please. I am curious. 

Yeah https://hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?8341-P3D-V4-(64-bit)&p=40149&viewfull=1#post40149

For me the post is quite misleading. At the beginning he said "we are in BETA" and in the second part of that post: "we may have some openings coming up within the next month or two and will post details!"

So for my understanding that is a closed BETA only for the devs?

6 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I think this is harsh, ORBX will be available tomorrow with the noted exceptions and they will all follow in the near term. Maybe you will move over in 3 months when all is working perfectly.  

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/135965-ftx-products-and-p3d-v4/

I quote:

What else won't work:

FTX Vector also relies on a 3rd party app to adjust airports, and we are waiting on a 64-bit version of this app before making Vector available. 

Vector is a HUGE thing + their airports.

"With regards to our airports and as you may be aware of, our ObjectFlow DLL requires reworking to ensure compatibility with the P3Dv4. This work has been progressing but as we are moving to a 64bit application, this has taken longer than anticipated. For this reason we will not be making our airports available until we have a working ObjectFlow DLL. As you know this DLL controls a lot of our scenery elements with conditional displays and is quite critical."

It's actually good that they say this, but why today and not on release day or prior release from v4? ORBX has access to the BETA since months and they know that they have a problem with it. That is my point here.

Most people seem to be getting at least equally good performance with P3D V4 as their did with V3, thus I see no problem there, though of course soon after release there might be some bugs left. I don't mind some old gauges not working, I'll be mostly flying just a couple of payware tubeliners anyway and I can expect most of them to be updated sooner or later.

Majestic Dash 8 & FSLabs A32x and Aerosoft A330 will give me enough fun until I reach retirement  in 50 years or so, and all these companies have very fair pricing policies compared to some other major players out there. What really matters to me is that most of the scenery I've purchased over the years will work with P3D V4, I have no interest whatsoever in buying all that stuff again for X plane or whatever. Only thing I've ever needed for simming is more stable FSX with no OOM problems, and this is exactly it. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Nytro said:

Yeah https://hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?8341-P3D-V4-(64-bit)&p=40149&viewfull=1#post40149

For me the post is quite misleading. At the beginning he said "we are in BETA" and in the second part of that post: "we may have some openings coming up within the next month or two and will post details!"

So for my understanding that is a closed BETA only for the devs?

You do know he's talking about adding people to their beta team right? Not about AS16..

P3D V4 is for the high flyer with modern hardware that wants a 64bit sim in order to avoid OOM errors. They want sharp textures all the way to the horizon and to finally complete their flights on heavy iron.

I seriously doubt that everyone is moving to v4 because of the new lighting, improved UI, snow or rain, etc.

If you were happy with P3D v3, you could have chosen to stay there. I really see no reason for your long thread.

Give the sim and our generous devs some time.

• Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

My only complaint about Orbx, is that they are not releasing Vector until Pilots releases overpriced mesh that has compatible 64bit flattening mesh tools. Pilots can't just update the flattening tools? Really? Going to charge us an arm and a leg for more mesh, when the current mesh works just fine in v4. Fleece us more please. 

• Upvote 2

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

This is the most significant and major change to flight simming in a decade. I'm sorry, but it's naive to expect this all to work right out of the box. And we should also remember that our priorities are not necessarily those of Lockheed Martin. Yes, we're welcome along for the ride, but we aren't in a position to dictate what the ride is. That's where Dovetail comes in, of course, but I want nothing to do with that, so I'm happy to put up with some software turmoil, and disappointment, for a while.

All that being said, I would agree that it's very naughty of Orbx to tell us, more or less post sale, that Vector is going to be a longer wait than anticipated. It's hard to believe they didn't know this already.

13 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

My only complaint about Orbx, is that they are not releasing Vector until Pilots releases overpriced mesh that has compatible 64bit flattening mesh tools. Pilots can't just update the flattening tools? Really? Going to charge us an arm and a leg for more mesh, when the current mesh works just fine in v4. Fleece us more please. 

Why can't we just stick with the Ultimate mesh already purchased?  I can't imagine vector requires purchase of this new mesh. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

24 minutes ago, Nytro said:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/135965-ftx-products-and-p3d-v4/

I quote:

Vector is a HUGE thing + their airports.

It's actually good that they say this, but why today and not on release day or prior release from v4? ORBX has access to the BETA since months and they know that they have a problem with it. That is my point here.

Maybe LM changed something at the last minute and they did not have time to react or it caused issues they were not expecting.

Mark W   CYYZ      

I feel that the transition is going pretty smoothly.

For the whole point about gauges not working, it's time to move on.

Getting angry about old things not working in the current age is akin to someone using a type writer instead of modern word processing software because it's comfortable.

Don't be a software hoader lol

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

FS Global is easy to add just write this to your P3D4 scenery.cfg under C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4, done...

You have to add the layer under "1107 Base" Thats because I copied it. Of course if you have installed FSGX2010 to another location you have to change it behind Local=

[Area.099]
Title=1107 Base
Local=Scenery\1107
Layer=99
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.100]
Title=FS Global 2010 - Oceania
Local=C:\FSGX2010\oce
Layer=100
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.101]
Title=FS Global 2010 - Europe
Local=C:\FSGX2010\eur
Layer=101
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.102]
Title=FS Global 2010 - Asia
Local=C:\FSGX2010\asi
Layer=102
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.103]
Title=FS Global 2010 - South America
Local=C:\FSGX2010\csa
Layer=103
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.104]
Title=FS Global 2010 - Africa
Local=C:\FSGX2010\afr
Layer=104
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.105]
Title=FS Global 2010 - Antarctica
Local=C:\FSGX2010\ant
Layer=105
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.106]
Title=FS Global 2010 - North America
Local=C:\FSGX2010\nam
Layer=106
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.107]
Title=FS Global 2010 - Local Meshes
Local=C:\FSGX2010\LocalMeshes
Layer=107
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Maybe LM changed something at the last minute and they did not have time to react or it caused issues they were not expecting.

no,  they posted this info about a week ago.  the post today was just a repost of the original by Ed Correia.