Sign in to follow this  
Angelo Cosma

P3D v3 Closes to Desktop with no warning after V4

Hey guys, I have changed nothing to my P3D V3 install, since installing V4. Now after adding a couple sceneries to V4 FSDT, V3 Will just close to desktop with no warning or error. Not sure why or what to check. Rebooted PC and tried from a clean boot, AV off, default plane. Still closes, scratching my head. 

maybe it's just expressing its jealousy of the new sim ;-)

• Upvote 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Are the FSDT installers for v4?  If they are for v3 and you redirected them, that could be your problem.  The installers may have changed things in v3.4 also. 

I should mention I can see fsdt KLAX load for example right to the point where say AI would populate and then ita gone. This happens at default airports as well. 

I changed absolutely nothing and was working fine prior to v4.

Again, you didn't answer my question.  I suspect that if you just tried to install FSDT into v4 without dedicated v4 installers, then they made changes to configs in v3 as well, and this would bugger your sim and produce the kind of crash you're describing.  

Well, I think you need to find out what version the installers were for. You don't seem that interested in the details for someone asking for help.  Not sure how you expect help from others without detailed information. 

Obviously the problem is very likely caused by that install, as that is the only thing you say you changes on your system. You might try using Windows uninstall to see if that process might reverse any config edits. Otherwise, you'll have to dig into the configs themselves and look for problems. 

I don't have any FSDT stuff, so can't help with what to look for. 

I suspect this is your issue:

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

4 hours ago, Griphos said:

Well, I think you need to find out what version the installers were for. You don't seem that interested in the details for someone asking for help.  Not sure how you expect help from others without detailed information. 

Obviously the problem is very likely caused by that install, as that is the only thing you say you changes on your system. You might try using Windows uninstall to see if that process might reverse any config edits. Otherwise, you'll have to dig into the configs themselves and look for problems. 

3 hours ago, odourboy said:

I suspect this is your issue:

Isn't that geared toward V4 configs only?

4 hours ago, Griphos said:

Sorry for the vaguery. The installers are the most current version as it gives you the option to install into V3 or V4. Since my V3 already had said scenery I just ticked v4. 

It is my assumption that that is what caused the issue since that is really the only other thing I did other than installing v4 itself.

Isn't that geared toward V4 configs only?

I actually mis-read your OP regarding problem, but given that the V3 versus V4 encoding of .cfg files is different, maybe you contaminated yourV3 scenery.cfg or something when you ran the V4 FSDT installer?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)