Sign in to follow this  
Bluescaster

Is this true about the PSS Concord???

Par, ....I was interested in the source of your information as to the statistics of VC - v - 2D cockpits users. Is it a guess or are you in possession of some facts on this? Regards Blue.

Blue you need to read or re-read my responses above for your answer... This is no longer a 'put up' or 'shut up' issue anymore for reasons I've already stated...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Par your going to start a war here if you don't stop...Although I agree with you we've already been down this road before and it can be very ugly. Trust me I know....

FS2020 

Tom wrote:"We are not going to replace our existing review with it, but we will put yours up as another point of view, which is all that it would be." If my effort is not going to make a difference one way or the other, what's the use??? The only way I would put effort in this is to produce a fair score compared to other add-ons Avsim has reviewed. If Tom is not going to change the score anyway, it's a mute point. I've already given my point of view in this thread, there's no need to say anything more... If you guys think the PSS Concord is just as good as the PMDG 737NG or the DreamFleet 727 then have at it. I might buy this bird myself just to see because as of now I don't believe it is.... I know for a fact the support alone isn't on the same level as other developers (and that's very important)...

FS2020 

Hi Dillon,So you've bought the Koch Concorde but rarely fly it because of the fuel management. Interesting. I have no axe to grind with Koch as Andrew Wilson - who is part of the team - has helped me out on several occasions and it remains an excellent product. If it had been available as a download I might have bought it myself. As it was I ended up with the PSS Concorde as I have faith in the quality of PSS products.Tell me? What's more realistic? Clicking a switch with a mouse to turn on the landing lights or flicking a switch on a GoFlight unit? For me it's the latter every time.I believe you're weakening towards PSS's Concorde. Forget the VC overhead panel. Concentrate on the positives. Great flight model, beautiful 2D (and 3D) panel, fuel management, and a FE panel that is probably the best panel that has been created for any aircraft for any version of FS! Yes, honestly.I now need to get you to change your attitude to PSS. Don't be so negative towards them. They will listen to customer requests providing it's done in a reasonable way. I've pointed out deficiencies in the a/p and they are aware of these and are trying to address them. But to be honest, the product has been very well received and has only a few minor niggles. I think if you start using it you'll grow to love it. And think how much time you'll save flying at Mach 2 with your trusty FE sorting your fuel out :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Par,<

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>If my effort is not going to make a difference one way or the>other, what's the use??? The use is that people will read it and if it was well written, researched, your review may influence their minds more than Avsim's review. I would not mind reading a few different reviews and decide for myself which one sounded most credible to me. But to impress me you have to expend real effort, show your knowledge of the aircraft and not just limit yourself to a few soundbites. It is very easy to criticize someone else's writing, much harder to offer a credible alternative.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Okay this may be a bit off topic but oh well...What I am saying that in the future you won

Dillon.... Michael J. makes his point well. Further more I have read (and indeed re-read your incessant threads) So I think we are at the position I stated earlier; i.e. Are you now to write a review ("Put Up") or not, ("Shut up") ?? I think Tom has established a legitimate challenge; or are you to pontificate further?Regards, Blue

:-)

FS2020 

Blue, MJ, I'm thinking about buying the PSS Concord.... If I do and I'm impressed enough (positively or negatively) I'll write a review. I guess I'm just tired of talking about it and fighting with you guys about VC's... Every time we get on that subject you guys seem to have little or no respect for those of us who love that feature... Think about how some of you guys would feel if an add-on was released for the most top of the line PC, you'd have a fit... People should strive to make their work for everyone's enjoyment.If you like 2D panels fine but respect those of us who like VC's and feel left out of the fun when a developer decides to skip that part. A true deserving product is one where the design caters to more than just one group of enthusiast... To me that's a true 5 star product...MJ, you made some good points so I'll think about it..Blue I'm ready to 'shut up' and sit down and I don't feel bad about it either... :-wedgePar a free copy for an independent review, now that's funny... :-lol

FS2020 

Guest pagotan

Tom,I don't know how long you want to keep this thread alive. I guess arguments and counter-arguments have been made by all sides and the "put up" or "shut up" challenge has cooled off enthusiasm to go to the front line. Is there any further relevent issue to be discussed in this thread?Michael

Michael that's still no reason to lock a thread, what's your point and problem???Look at all the other threads around that's been open for months and even years. If you have nothing to contribute don't post now the problem is solved for you... If no one else has anything to say this thread will pass from view...I still need to tell everyone what I think about this PSS bird if I buy it...

FS2020 

I went to PSS's site tonight thinking about purchasing the Concord when I saw the letter about Greg German. I may not have liked the way PSS has handled things in the past but just the same I'd like to take time out and put everything aside and wish Greg the best.... Lou Gehrig's Disease is a very serious matter and it's sad to see anyone suffering with it...

FS2020