Sign in to follow this  
JMoyam

PMDG 747v3 Dynamic Light P3D v4 64bits

I take it the fact we have not heard anything means we will not be seeing the 747 in v4 this weekend... it is now 10pm in Virginia... that said, RSR has been known to post in the early hours of the morning... fingers crossed!

• Upvote 1

Any of the PMDG products being updated are exactly what I am waiting on as well. I uninstalled P3D v3 over a year ago with a new system build and have been holding off on getting back into it until v4 launched, and a PMDG bird to fly. One part is accomplished, now for the other. 

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

I have v4 installed, with Orbx, ASN all ready to go. Just need the Queen now.

The irony, for me:

I have drastically reduced my simming because of OOMs - I just couldn't stand to go through extensive planning, and working the documentation, and all of the attendant accouterments just to have it go south on me en route.  I piddled with some low-altitude and short range stuff to bide time, but my heart is with long haul.

This week, the holy grail is finally upon us.  But now, no big bird to flaunt the OOM devil with.

Oy Vey.

That's okay, if you are a long time customer of PMDG - I guess I am a 20-year customer now as some of my earlier purchases were the "manuals" in PMDG - you realize that date estimates can be elastic. I really was hoping to be long haulin' it by now.

On the upside - the dynamic lights are clearly the bee's knees.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

1 hour ago, 77west said:

I have v4 installed, with Orbx, ASN all ready to go. Just need the Queen now.

How did you manage to install ASN? Is it made compatible? Haven't seen anything, though I'm waiting for AS2016... :smile:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Just now, Anders Bermann said:

How did you manage to install ASN? Is it made compatible? Haven't seen anything, though I'm waiting for AS2016... :smile:

Apologies, I meant AS2016 Beta. It is an open beta but works fine for me. AS2016P4 was released earlier today go to their forum.

4 minutes ago, 77west said:

Apologies, I meant AS2016 Beta. It is an open beta but works fine for me. AS2016P4 was released earlier today go to their forum.

Nice! I guess I'm not as awake as I thought I was... :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Bnash00 said:

active sky 2016 beta for p3d v4 is out! https://hifisimtech.com/active-sky-for-p3dv4-open-beta/

Thanks for heads-up, Benjamin.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

You mean P3Dv4's dynamic lighting in Xplane?

While an improvement over the very poor lighting in V3 the new lighting is hardly bright enough compared to reality.

First its simply not bright.

Two the mapping is way to small an area.

Here are some of my 747 images and i think it will be pretty easy to see exactly what i am talking about.

IMG_5763-Edit-X3.jpg

Atlas-X2.jpg

IMG_3528-X2.jpg

IMG_1939-X2.jpg

I think you can see just how bright and how much bigger the area painted by the landing lights are on the 744. Nice improvement but still a fair way to go.

Darren Howie

4 hours ago, 77west said:

You mean P3Dv4's dynamic lighting in Xplane?

No, I mean the PMDG 747 in XP11. How good the lighting would look then :o 

Does the dynamic lighting affect the VC lighting or is that pretty much the same? (Not because it was bad in V3)

And if yes, can you provide some pictures of that?

Frederik Pedersen

16 hours ago, Chok said:

Does the dynamic lighting affect the VC lighting or is that pretty much the same?

Yes DL Inside/Outside will affect the VC in any aircraft.

16 hours ago, Luke160388 said:

Will the service vehicles have dynamic lights?

Default services vehicles will not, however GSX service vehicles do.

Cheers, Rob.