Sign in to follow this  
rgbinns

P3D ver4 a Super performer

9 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I must admit, I'm a little puzzled by nVidia's "boost" technology, there seems to be an initial period where setting OC boost level works, then after about 5 minutes the "boost" settles back down to base clock even when temps are more than acceptable at 34C and "load" hasn't changed (well below any throttling/protection triggers) ... which is a shame, because the boost levels when "active" changed my avg FPS from 52 to 57 (unlimited no vsync), however when the boost levels drop back to stock my FPS drops back to 52.

Hi.

I'm also experiencing exactly the same.. My GPU (Titan XP) will boost up to 2100Mhz once loaded into the sim. Shortly after it goes down to idle clock speeds 1400Mhz. My GPU is also water cooled, running from 32-48c.

As far as using EVGA PrecisionXoc - the "K" option is only available to users who's got a EVGA branded GPU. 

Please do share if you figure out why it's doing this.

ORBX sceneries are  installed. Smooth flight. FPS around 45 and no any problems. KVPS-KBUF

8X6Reb.jpg

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

No joy with non-EVGA cards, :sad:

Anyway, those of you with EVGA cards K-boost will max out the OC continually; I've tested it.

Cheers,

Mark

Curious if pop free autogen is still the best option. If I understand correctly it loads a set max batch lod all the way through, default of which is 2. By returning to the old default mode we can get denser autogen in the vicinity and any pop ups will be further away. Since a constant lod will not be loaded through out it might save some performance as well.

I agree that the performance increase has absolutely improved, significantly. To 'stress' test it, I flew around New York  City with all payware airports, a/c, and NY City; increased weather,  road and Ai traffic to 100%... and it's insanely working. haha cannot believe my eyes. FPS are no longer sooo important as it used to back in FSX, or even P3D V-1. But, for the numbers, got around 17fps; however, it was near fluid, and flyable. Of course, I just did this to  'stress test.'  

But, again.. I am officially impressed!  Thank you, LM !

4 hours ago, bonchie said:

Same setup except my 2500k is at 4.6ghz.

Ran fine for me. 60FPS in normal load areas. I've always seemed to have more luck with performance than others though.

I pretty much max out XP11 as well except for ground scenery shadows.

OT but are you running Ortho in xp?  That's what kills my system hehe.  Default scenery is fine.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just fyi: The boost with my 1080ti stays at 2 GHz the whole time. Gotta be a Titan thing....

2 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Just fyi: The boost with my 1080ti stays at 2 GHz the whole time. Gotta be a Titan thing....

Also no problem with my Watercooled 1080 here stays at solid 2062 Mhz only thing is that the card is most of the time at 90-95 % GPU ussage :)  Maybee time for a 1080 TI :)

Or a new I9 Series CPU because my cpu ist most of the time at 90 - 95 % (5820K @4,6 ghz)

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

I love how everyone missed the posts from Rob A and Mathjias at Aerosoft stating that if they thought FPS would just magically be 100 with v4 they were sorely mistaken.   

As you pour more addons in obviously your system is going to take a hit.  No matter what you do.   The sim is not to blame for you dumping addons on it.   

And everyone's system is different. Different speeds, GPUs, CPUs etc.  So while one person will be like "I got crappy stutters and its slow"  another will be "smooth as silk"  Its the nature of the game.  

All the devs told you the only thing 64bit solves is the memory problems.  Yes LM put in a lot of work in on other items but lets have perspective.  Your v4 is not going to be as good as the v3 you spent the last few years tweaking to perfection.  Its going to take time.   But once you get it tuned in and guys like Rob find little tweaks to enhance the system then v4 will be wayyy better than your v3.  

Relax and take a breath.  Quit hitting me with those negative waves so early in the morning, Moriarty.  lol

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

3 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

I love how everyone missed the posts from Rob A and Mathjias at Aerosoft stating that if they thought FPS would just magically be 100 with v4 they were sorely mistaken.   

As you pour more addons in obviously your system is going to take a hit.  No matter what you do.   The sim is not to blame for you dumping addons on it.   

And everyone's system is different. Different speeds, GPUs, CPUs etc.  So while one person will be like "I got crappy stutters and its slow"  another will be "smooth as silk"  Its the nature of the game.  

All the devs told you the only thing 64bit solves is the memory problems.  Yes LM put in a lot of work in on other items but lets have perspective.  Your v4 is not going to be as good as the v3 you spent the last few years tweaking to perfection.  Its going to take time.   But once you get it tuned in and guys like Rob find little tweaks to enhance the system then v4 will be wayyy better than your v3.  

Relax and take a breath.  Quit hitting me with those negative waves so early in the morning, Moriarty.  lol

Well said. 64bit will take care of vas and CTD and stability  but that's about it. But that is a massively huge improvement if you fly pmdg and orbx but if you don't there is no reason to switch platforms.. IMO only 

ZORAN

This is so weird and annoying.. The GPU refuses to do "anything". Stuck at 1440-1450Mhz GPUClock. Flying with ORBX NCA i'm seeing 24-36% GPU utilization.. This can't be right. Tried different power settings, didn't change anything. Different settings in the sim did not have an effect on clock speeds nor utilization. CPU is being hammered though (5930k @4.3)

I'm lost.. :huh:

7 minutes ago, Syonco said:

This is so weird and annoying.. The GPU refuses to do "anything". Stuck at 1440-1450Mhz GPUClock. Flying with ORBX NCA i'm seeing 24-36% GPU utilization.. This can't be right. Tried different power settings, didn't change anything. Different settings in the sim did not have an effect on clock speeds nor utilization. CPU is being hammered though (5930k @4.3)

I'm lost.. :huh:

If you want to be sure that it's not your GPU you could try downloading the free  64 bit digital combat world that also comes with a free fighter. 

I don't own v4 but do have digital combat world and  when I select the highest settings my gtx 780 absolutely screams. It's a nice sound ☺

That way you will know if it's your system or if it's v4

ZORAN

On 02/06/2017 at 11:21 PM, mikeymike said:

Stutters here and then slideshiw after 5 min 

I7 4790k 

2x titan sc 6gb each

Was fine in v3.4

It points to something being screwy somewhere.. my system is way way below yours and not a stutter to be found with high settings. Drivers perhaps? or an unusual graphics card setting? There are a number of people reporting poor performance with really high spec PC's.. it points to something outside of P3D standard settings.

The dual cards maybe..

On 2017-6-2 at 7:16 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

Hi Mark,

I've been trying to do that, but so far NOT successful ... I'll keep researching it, any hints welcome.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, this is only a guess, but whilst you're successfully cooling the GPU, I suspect that your VRMs (power delivery) are getting very hot and the driver is throttling back the GPU as a result, to lower power draw. Does you water block go over the VRMs? Are they cooled in any other way? Do you have a way to monitor their temperature?

21 minutes ago, S_D said:

Does you water block go over the VRMs?

Yes, full coverage waterblock (I installed and checked proper coverage, pad thickness, mounting).  It's impossible to squeeze in a temp probe and I can't find anything that monitors VRM for GPU?

Cheers, Rob.