Sign in to follow this  
Navigator43

747 updates

So a quick question here, if the 747 is being updated first to V4 does that mean when I uninstall the aircraft from V3 that I should uninstall the operations centre as well? And let the new install to V4 reninstall the ops centre again

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

4 hours ago, aushie said:

So a quick question here, if the 747 is being updated first to V4 does that mean when I uninstall the aircraft from V3 that I should uninstall the operations centre as well? And let the new install to V4 reninstall the ops centre again

There is no need to uninstall the operations center, any updates to it, if there are any, will be taken care of by the QOTSII installer.  Don't over think it.

Dan Downs KCRP

4 hours ago, downscc said:

There is no need to uninstall the operations center, any updates to it, if there are any, will be taken care of by the QOTSII installer.  Don't over think it.

For simpletons like me will there be a guide on what to do?

I have the QOTS installed in 3.4.

I was told to uninstall it, but how?

Then what?  Not being pushy, I can wait till it's released, I just want to know what to expect when the time comes to install it into V4.

Jack Sawyer

The OC is a completely stand-alone application that isn't dependent on the airplanes that are installed - you never have to remove the OC. It updates itself and the public version currently released already has full support for the P3Dv4 747.

If you have the airplane installed in P3Dv3, you have to uninstall it because of the changes made in the new installer that supports both v3 and v4. You'll just uninstall it from v3, then run the new installer, which will give you a choice of installing to v3, v4 or both together. (exactly like how the FSX/FSX:SE installer works)

• Upvote 3

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Just now, Tabs said:

The OC is a completely stand-alone application that isn't dependent on the airplanes that are installed - you never have to remove the OC. It updates itself and the public version currently released already has full support for the P3Dv4 747.

If you have the airplane installed in P3Dv3, you have to uninstall it because of the changes made in the new installer that supports both v3 and v4. You'll just uninstall it from v3, then run the new installer, which will give you a choice of installing to v3, v4 or both together. (exactly like how the FSX/FSX:SE installer works)

Thanks Ryan, but how?  Do I use the uninstaller in Start/Programs/PMDG or the Control Panel?

Jack Sawyer

8 minutes ago, Tabs said:

So am I correct in assuming that you guys will use the new outside of P3D folder install now? Can we select install location ourselves? I would prefer not to have it on my C drive.