Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

FTX Central 3.2 Available

v4 really starting to take shape now Orbx is added

FHUEdCN.jpg

Very impressed with the sideloading from v3, the regions are installing at breakneck speed.

Overall I am amazed at the rapid availability of products for v4, a lot of people have been working on this for months already to make this possible. Dovetail should really take notice how to foster relations with 3rd parties. This is how you make a product a success.

• Upvote 1

FTX Central is quite an efficient installer. It will take files from any existing installations and copy them over to P3D. Here it is copying files from FSX into P3D.

eKy6SMH.png

tzRt3Uk.png

It only had redownload a small portion.

eM5NFZA.png

So if you think FTX Central is hung up somewhere on your download, it's not -- it's just copying files over to reduce your download time and their costly bandwidth.

Sigh, I wish I didn't uninstall P3D v3 then... :( Is there a way to make FTX Central get the necessary files from an external drive? I made a backup of my P3D v3 folder before I uninstalled it off my main computer.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

Sigh, I wish I didn't uninstall P3D v3 then... :( Is there a way to make FTX Central get the necessary files from an external drive? I made a backup of my P3D v3 folder before I uninstalled it off my main computer.

Note that you only need to reinstall Install_Client.msi for FTX Central to see v3 again. It's only a small download from the Prepar3d website.

Wow I'm impressed at the speed.  I was dreading the thought of spending the day staring at the progress bar.  This is awesome.  Thanks ORBX!

• Upvote 1

It seems like an awful waste of space to copy the Orbx files from P3D3 (or FSX) to P3D4.  Why don't they just use pointers in P3D4 back to the original Orbx files in P3D3?

Do OrbX now abide by the new addon procedures like most other devs seem to be doing? :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, Greggy_D said:

It seems like an awful waste of space to copy the Orbx files from P3D3 (or FSX) to P3D4.  Why don't they just use pointers in P3D4 back to the original Orbx files in P3D3?

That's what I would love to see. Just use some symbolic links. Oh well....

1 minute ago, Greggy_D said:

I suppose in the case that you want to uninstall V3, which is my case. I was only waiting for Orbx then I will uninstall V3

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Do OrbX now abide by the new addon procedures like most other devs seem to be doing? :)

No, they do not... unfortunately.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

1 minute ago, glider_uk said:

I suppose in the case that you want to uninstall V3, which is my case. I was only waiting for Orbx then I will uninstall V3

Ah, yes, good point.

EGLD - re: your screenshot, I see nice autogen to the horizon, but I'm intrigued by the urban planning:

• How do you get to the airport? Over the second bridge, I guess, and then a quick drive through a field to get to the hangars.
  • I'd build more nice houses near the beach, instead the citizens of this neighbourhood have mainly gone for small pieces of farmland on the oceanfront, including that cute-but-odd yellow triangle of something. And why the large roundabout just near this field's apex - maybe for scenic views of the other fields?
  • Some people DO get to live near the beach - in the foreground, at the right. But how do they get anywhere? There's no roads or bridges out of there at all. I'm guessing you walk a mile or so down the beach to get to the 'yellow triangle field' suburb - which, luckily does have roads - and then call an Uber? Or does your daily commute begin with a swim across the river?

I'm not criticising, I know urban planning differs in various parts of the world. It's just quite different from the way they do it where I live. 

:blush:

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Any observations if it copies the folders as they are, for example including files manually turned to *.bgl.off or whatever they became named by third party apps or will everything set to ORBX standard or maybe even not copied at all if a file's name/extention is not known by FTXCs "brain"...?

3 minutes ago, tremor595 said:

Any observations if it copies the folders as they are, for example including files manually turned to *.bgl.off or whatever they became named by third party apps or will everything set to ORBX standard or maybe even not copied at all if a file's name/extention is not known by FTXCs "brain"...?

I think it's the case of the latter.