Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

FTX Central 3.2 Available

10 minutes ago, gamer19 said:

I already knew that but how ORBX HDtrees look compared to P3D v4 regular, 2D, trees ? Anyone ? I assume you guys think it's better to have ORBX ones. I just thought... maybe LM has update textures for (regular) trees too.

Your question was "how do the HD Trees interact with the new P3Dv4 trees?" Answer is, they don't.

There was no update from LM on tree textures. Just the SpeedTrees.

• Upvote 1

Ok Crown, so there you have it guys... ORBX HDtrees is a must. :merem:

Thanks for reply.

8 hours ago, dmiannay said:

Disappointing that Orbx didn't follow LM's SDK installation conventions like FSDT and Flightbeam.  The install into P3Dv4 appears the same as the install into P3Dv3.  This is indeed getting messy.  But, the products look awesome in P3Dv4.

I'm not, the conventions are dumb and create a mess, because no developer will follow the same routines. Orbx keeps everything nice and neat in the P3D folder where it belongs. Not on C: drive way over there, or Docs folder over here and whatever other ridiculous nonsense LM is trying to pull.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Just now, SolRayz said:

I'm not, the conventions are dumb and create a mess, because no developer will follow the same routines. Orbx keeps everything nice and neat in the P3D folder where it belongs. Not on C: drive way over there, or Docs folder over here and whatever other ridiculous nonsense LM is trying to pull.

But "where it belongs" is the location LM tell us, v4 standards changed it. Also the documents folder is only the location of the addon.xml file, that can point to any location you'd like, for example I moved all the A2A install to another folder and just edited the addon.xml file in the A2A folder in the documents.

that "ridiculous nonsense" you mention is trying to make it easier down the road for both dev's AND users.

EVERY SINGLE TIME, there is an update, these forums get flooded with complaints about having to reinstall all those add ons, etc and endless bickering about how best to do that.

Well, if the devs follow that "ridiculous nonsense" those problems will be a thing of the past. It's a problem now because some dev's do and some dev's don't but i expect that shortly, it will become a requirement. You want to put an add on in P3D? Do it the designed way or pass.

Give it time!

Vic

• Upvote 4

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I've never had an issue that couldn't be rectified and I've been simming since FSX 4.0. Everything Orbx is in the cloud now, so who really cares about re-installation.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Just pointing out that the"ridiculous nonsense" is here to stay. Better get used to it.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Little confused here.  I downloaded the new FTX Central (v3.2.0.3) but when I open it and choose P3D v4 it shows the seven regions that I have installed in P3D v3.4 - all darkened with the little shopping cart.  Each says it's compatible with P3D v4.

My question is how do I apply them to v4 or are they not available yet?  Thanks.

Jim

9 minutes ago, glider_uk said:

Just select them, they will copy from v3.

If they are darkend with the little shopping cart, he can't do that. He has to buy them first. 

For them to be selectable they have to be in colour with the banner "not installed" across them.

Maybe I don't understand the process.  I have already bought seven regions and use them in P3D v 3.4.  Do I have to turn around and buy them again for P3D v4?  If so, guess I was under the impression that the upgrades to P3D v4 were free.  If that's the case, my bad.

Jim

9 minutes ago, planenut said:

Maybe I don't understand the process.  I have already bought seven regions and use them in P3D v 3.4.  Do I have to turn around and buy them again for P3D v4?  If so, guess I was under the impression that the upgrades to P3D v4 were free.  If that's the case, my bad.

Jim

You don't need to repurchase, however, it appears that FTX Central is not recognizing your previous purchases.  When I did mine it first asked to run the migration tool.  Did yours do that?  If not I think you can force it in the settings.  Otherwise you need to open a support ticket.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hi Mark,

Yeah, I've run the migration tool several times to no avail.  Guess I'll take your advice and open a support ticket.  Thanks for the advice.

Jim

I cannot see what all the moaning is about. I just left Orbx to do its thing with P3Dv4. After about 1 hour it finished its copying. That what was that. Next?:smile:

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx