Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

FTX Central 3.2 Available

9 minutes ago, Griphos said:

Put your v3.4 backup back onto the drive where it was, in the same folder structure. Download and install P3D v3.4 client (two minutes). Be sure you install it to the same drive/folder it was before.

Open FTX Central and choose v4. Select the products you want to install and it should see the v3.4 directories and copy them. That's your best shot without a full reinstall of v3.4. 

Thanks, I am doing that now as we speak. Had I known this, I wouldn't have completely uninstalled Prepare3D v3... sigh. 

So does this mean all my existing OrbX add-ons such as regions and airports will also migrate over to P3Dv4 successfully? Or is this just for Global, Vector and OpenLC only?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

only the ones that have been updated for v4

Orbx is alway a good place to start when talking about Orbx updates.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/135945-ftx-central-orbxlibs-p3dv4-products-ready-please-read-this-topic-first/

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Thanks, I am doing that now as we speak. Had I known this, I wouldn't have completely uninstalled Prepare3D v3... sigh. 

So does this mean all my existing OrbX add-ons such as regions and airports will also migrate over to P3Dv4 successfully? Or is this just for Global, Vector and OpenLC only?

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/135945-ftx-central-orbxlibs-p3dv4-products-ready-please-read-this-topic-first/

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Thanks a lot guys! :)

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

So just installed Global, openLC NA, PNW region, Trees HD and FreemeshX. All updates/downloads went smooth - good job ORBX.

Had a quick flight and it's starting to look beautifully familiar, although you can tell Vector is missing - hope that gets sorted out soon along with the ORBX airports.

Grandest highlight however is the performance in this famously challenging area - it's wonderfully flyable with most sliders one notch below extreme settings (for my system) - very satisfied up to now with P3Dv4.

• Upvote 1

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

EGLD - re: your screenshot, I see nice autogen to the horizon, but I'm intrigued by the urban planning:

• How do you get to the airport? Over the second bridge, I guess, and then a quick drive through a field to get to the hangars.
  • I'd build more nice houses near the beach, instead the citizens of this neighbourhood have mainly gone for small pieces of farmland on the oceanfront, including that cute-but-odd yellow triangle of something. And why the large roundabout just near this field's apex - maybe for scenic views of the other fields?
  • Some people DO get to live near the beach - in the foreground, at the right. But how do they get anywhere? There's no roads or bridges out of there at all. I'm guessing you walk a mile or so down the beach to get to the 'yellow triangle field' suburb - which, luckily does have roads - and then call an Uber? Or does your daily commute begin with a swim across the river?

I'm not criticising, I know urban planning differs in various parts of the world. It's just quite different from the way they do it where I live. 

:blush:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.8332384,-0.2885515,2795m/data=!3m1!1e3

4 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

It seems like an awful waste of space to copy the Orbx files from P3D3 (or FSX) to P3D4.  Why don't they just use pointers in P3D4 back to the original Orbx files in P3D3?

Because when you delete/change your v3 installation it would break v4. Copying the files is keeping it simple and less aggro 

5 hours ago, AviatorMan said:

Orbx has just announced that the P3Dv4-compatible FTX Central is now available. Hopefully we will now get some feedback on v4 with Orbx sceneries installed.

As I have said in another post.  The efforts that LM and P3D team to prepare for this release blows my mind.   Now with Orbx releasing the FTX Central P3D v4, I have the environment that I  could never run on P3D V3 because I would get OOM.  I spent more time disabling scenery so I could save VAS.   Everyday this proves to me that this is the platform I want to be on.  Thank you to all the Devs that support this.  Don't listen to the complaining and keep on keeping on :)

Anyone else tried tried some manually-installed Orbx airports over the v4 regions? I just flew Cle Elum and Milford Sound, both seemed to work perfectly.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I tried KHQM. The airport looked fine but the city doesn't work. Will take some time to get them all updated. 

Hans

Quite impressed with the download speeds of FTX Central.  It's downloading everything at ~42MB/s, which is maxing out my 300Mbps connection.  Considering I know I'm not the only one downloading everything again, I'm impressed!  Way better than when Central first came out.  Good job Orbx on the server side of things!

Do have one question, how do the HD Trees interact with the new P3Dv4 trees?  It's the only thing I'm hesitant to install, not sure how they work with the new dynamic speed trees.

NEVERMIND: IT worked! 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

26 minutes ago, be77solo said:

Do have one question, how do the HD Trees interact with the new P3Dv4 trees?  It's the only thing I'm hesitant to install, not sure how they work with the new dynamic speed trees.

No, the HD trees replace the default "2D" trees. You must turn off SpeedTrees to see Orbx HD trees. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CrownCityMisfits said:

No, the HD trees replace the default "2D" trees. You must turn off SpeedTrees to see Orbx HD trees. 

I already knew that but how ORBX HDtrees look compared to P3D v4 regular, 2D, trees ? Anyone ? I assume you guys think it's better to have ORBX ones. I just thought... maybe LM has update textures for (regular) trees too.