Sign in to follow this  
captain420

[Resolved] Cannot manually delete my Prepare3D v3 folder, please help

I have uninstalled Prepar3D v3, however the folder still exists and I am trying to delete it and theres a font file in there that keeps saying its currently being in use. I have no idea what is using it, but the font is F14Lantirn.ttf... I have tried booting into safemode to see if I can delete the folder and still a no go, does anyone know how to get rid of this stubborn folder?

Edited by Poppet
[Resolved]

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Reboot in safe mode then delete it

I don't have that font in my Version 3.4 Is this an add on aircraft font? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It was for Aerosoft's F14...

I mentioned in my original post that I already tried rebooting into safe mode to get rid of the file.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Bob, fileassassin didn't work either... it couldn't delete the file. Sigh...

6 minutes ago, captain420 said:

It was for Aerosoft's F14...

I mentioned in my original post that I already tried rebooting into safe mode to get rid of the file.

You may have to uninstall that aircraft if you haven't done so already. I would post this on the Aerosoft Forum first. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 minutes ago, Glynn said:

Reboot in safe mode then delete it

+1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Three people have already told him to reboot in safe mode and delete, which he already said he did in the OP....  :blink:

I already said twice that I have already rebooted into safe mode to try and delete this, but it's not working.

and I have already uninstalled the plane. So I'm not sure what process is locking this file and preventing me from deleting it.

15 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I already said twice that I have already rebooted into safe mode to try and delete this, but it's not working.

and I have already uninstalled the plane. So I'm not sure what process is locking this file and preventing me from deleting it.

Ok, try this http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/unlocker.html I used it in the past and was quite good. If that's not working, check your permisions for the file(right click / properties / security). You can take the ownership and then change the permisions to "full" for your user account. That should work

I tried that and I can't change the ownership of the file either... It says Unable to display current owner, and when I click on Change, it says I don't have permission to view/edit this object's permission settings.

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

+1

+1 

I had the same issue with a different font. Rebooting in safe mode and then deleting solved the issue.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

13 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I tried that and I can't change the ownership of the file either... It says Unable to display current owner, and when I click on Change, it says I don't have permission to view/edit this object's permission settings.

You have probably deleted an user account, which is a owner. I just googled about this, and this should work http://software.bootblock.co.uk/?id=bootdeleter It will delete file on restart, before windows lock it. Good Luck, please report your results, i'm curious about this one :happy:

can you try and delete the font from the control panel? Control Panel\Appearance and Personalisation\Fonts

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com