Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Would be nice to have the new dynamic lights for AI traffic planes!

Does anyone know if its possible to update all the AI planes to use the new dynamic lights in P3D v4, is this difficult to do. I mean can we do this ourselves?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I think the issue would be the performance it will eat while doing that. On top of any additional lights from scenery. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

They will need to use SDK to add dynamic lights on every single AI model. That's a HUGE amount of work. I don't think this is necessary, texture lights to me are fine on AI aircraft. Dynamic lights on buildings or objects also have effect on AI aircraft.

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

On 6/2/2017 at 8:44 PM, Harvgordon said:

They will need to use SDK to add dynamic lights on every single AI model. That's a HUGE amount of work. I don't think this is necessary, texture lights to me are fine on AI aircraft. Dynamic lights on buildings or objects also have effect on AI aircraft.

Hi,

This is not impossible, I developed a freeware that improve the AI lights under PD3 V4.0 and V4.1 using DL, if you are interested just search for AI Lights Reborn inside the forums or google.

Best Regards,

Simbol

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2017 at 0:30 PM, captain420 said:

Does anyone know if its possible to update all the AI planes to use the new dynamic lights in P3D v4, is this difficult to do. I mean can we do this ourselves?

Orbx just released AU AI with dynamic lighting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Hi,

This is not impossible, I developed a freeware that improve the AI lights under PD3 V4.0 and V4.1 using DL, if you are interested just search for AI Lights Reborn inside the forums or google.

Best Regards,

Simbol

Great, perhaps it can be used on pmdg  aircraft. So performance is affected?

7 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Great, perhaps it can be used on pmdg  aircraft. So performance is affected?

Hello thanks for your interest, my add-on is designed for AI Models In term of performance please read my reviews in the forums, you will see that people is not noticing any performance hit.

I can see your point about the PMDG, I just had a quick look to the PMDG 737-800 model (.MDL) the lighting system is embedded and hard coded but I could try to design new effects without dynamic lighting to see if it would improve the performance, no promises.

I will try to do this next week.

Regards,
Simbol

6 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hello thanks for your interest, my add-on is designed for AI Models In term of performance please read my reviews in the forums, you will see that people is not noticing any performance hit.

I can see your point about the PMDG, I just had a quick look to the PMDG 737-800 model (.MDL) the lighting system is embedded and hard coded but I could try to design new effects without dynamic lighting to see if it would improve the performance, no promises.

I will try to do this next week.

Regards,
Simbol

That would be great, much appreciated, dont understand why pmdg wouldnt dont do the same for us paying customers.

I myself spending alot of money to enjoy my passionate hobby and cant even do so with 2 titans cpu at 4.7 etc etc and not being useful

Like come on really