Sign in to follow this  
skylinc

Anyone using Simkit gauges with CCU2? Can you help me?

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read my post

Can you help me please?

I can not get my CCU2 Controller to calibrate any of my Simkits gauges

As best as I can see, everything is installed correctly, I have the flashing red light on my CCU2 board - confirming the firmware has been loaded

I have downloaded the drivers from the simkits / TRC Simulations website, and followed their installation manual PDF for the controller board

TRCLink application confirms the board is connected to the PC

I am running this from Windows XP

TRC Calibration software loads and reports a connection to the board, but when I move the calibration sliders, they have no effect on the gauges

I am not exactly sure what I am supposed to be seeing, but I am guessing as I move the slider, the needles on the gauges should be moving?

It's as though there is no output from the board, along the ribbon cables to the gauges - even though there does appear to be power in to the board - and the red light is flashing on the board when calibration software is launched

I have made a video showing exactly what happens - to help illustrate my setup!

https://youtu.be/3k3FmPTxgJo

Thank you very much for any help you can give me - much appreciated!

Hi !  i previously used Simkits Elevator trim, Manifold Pressure, and RPM Guage using Windows 7 64-bit and later Windows 10 64-bit. It all worked using the software on the TRC/Simkits Site. I remember they were all usb-plugin gauges which I plugged into and ran directly from a USB Hub with the supplied software. I have sold all of them since and purchased a complete C-182 Cockpit from Flight Illusion.

Bill Davis

Edited by wwdavis

Hi Bill

Thanks for your response

Yes simkits now only offer the USB style gauges - but the ones I have are the previous generation

Each gauge has a ribbon cable which connects in to a PCB controller board (called CCU-2)

This board then has 1 USB connector coming out, which plugs in to the PC

According to their own website, this setup is no longer compatible with 64 bit operating systems - such as Windows 7

This is why they brought out the new range of gauges with the USB connections

They do still offer the drivers and calibration software on their website for the CCU-2 style gauges - which I have installed, but the gauges do not respond

I have emailed their support a couple of times, but they do not reply

I may take the board to an electronics engineer and get them to check it over - perhaps it's fried

I have still not fixed this issue - very frustrating as I have lots of lovely simkits gauges which refuse to move!

I am thinking I must have a faulty CCU2 controller board, although the red light flashes OK on the board which I believe means there is a connection

Is anyone else out there running simkit gauges through the old CCU2 board, under Windows XP ?

What software are you using to calibrate? Is it still available to download from anywhere?

Hi,

I'm running a CCU2 on Win7 32 bit, was previously on XP. I did have an issue with my CCU2 at one point, found it was a faulty IC5, TDA8444T, just disconnected the SDA, SCL pins (3 and 4), the CCU2 initialized correctly after this and was not a problem as I do not use the CN12 connector. I also have a Simkits utility program called 'boardtest.exe' which might be of some use. This is what the output of 'boardtest.exe' looks like:

Name: Board Test

Company: TRC Development b.v.

Version: 1.0.0.21

FileDescription:

FileFlags:

-------------------------

Microsoft Windows XP

Service Pack 3

x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11

GenuineIntel

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E6550  @ 2.33GHz

Physical Total: 2046Mb

Physical Free: 1283Mb

Virtual Total: 3938Mb

Virtual Free: 3116Mb

Board detected

Anchor download

Reset

Info request

Vendor ID: 0D59

Product ID: 0003

Device ID: 0000

C:\Program Files\TRC Development\The Real Cockpit

Name: TRC Link

Company: TRC Development b.v.

Version: 3.7.0.128

FileDescription:

FileFlags:

Preload complete

Board redetected

Vendor ID: 0D59

Product ID: 0003

Upload complete

Board not detected!

Can anybody help me, i recently acquired a beautiful built Baron 58 simulator based on the simkits CCU operation, this was built by an ex RAF engineer who sadly passed away a few years ago.

I would love to get it up and running again, but to be quite honest i am a bit out of my depth. i am looking for someone to help in this project and i am more than willing to pay for their time. please if anyone is interested or knows of anyone please contact me direct on Either 07973394165 or nick.rounding57@gmail.com

I am based in Leicestershire and can provide further information to anyone interested,

Nick Rounding