Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

Help loading times

I have added a number of addons to fs9.1my program now takes forever to fully load,it just sits with the aircraft log picture forever.. It is absurd how long it takes. this is very disruptive as it takes a long time to load and reset.any others with this problem,,Please reply

I don't know if I can help--I can only say that with approx. 100 aircraft (about 250 if you include repaints) it takes about 10-15 seconds for the aircraft selection screen to load. That's on a seven year old system.If you have more aircraft than that, you may wish to ask yourself how many you actually fly on a regular basis. I believe there's an add-on tool that will essentially mark the ones you don't fly as often as "AI" so they'll be excluded from your aircraft selection display. The other way to "hide" an aircraft is to create an archive for it where it can rest until you want to fly it. I have at least another 100 aircraft that I have in my archive--I don't fly them often, but once in a while I do. In my case, I just move the aircraft from a separate stand by aircraft folder into the MSFS/aircraft folder.Hope this is of some help.-John

Guest allcott

Uncheck all the scenery areas where you are NOT flying to save loading times. Create a temporary directory called `addon aircraft` or something and move all those planes you're not currently flying into that folder (or you can use the archive function in Flight Sim Manager).Those two things alone will reduce loading times, but if you have photorealistic scenery you will simply have to live with it - all those individual texture tiles have to be loaded into the sim sometime.Allcott

Guest rpjkw1155

I have a large number of aircraft (it's like an addiction), most of which I don't fly regularly, but I'm reluctant to delete. I created a "Hanger" folder outside of FS9 and I've moved the unused/rarely used aircraft to that folder. It's easy to move various aircraft back and forth from the storage hangar and FS9. That has worked wonders for speeding up FS load times.I haven't thought about "X-ing" out unused scenery, but it makes sense. Think I'll try that.Hope this helps. Long load times are frustrating, to say the least.Bob

Ok thank you for all of the suggestions, what about ai aircraft, what impact do they have, it seems as though I have a gajillion of them, what is the impact of AI. Also where do you check off unused scenery filesthank you in advance>I have a large number of aircraft (it's like an addiction),>most of which I don't fly regularly, but I'm reluctant to>delete. I created a "Hanger" folder outside of FS9 and I've>moved the unused/rarely used aircraft to that folder. It's>easy to move various aircraft back and forth from the storage>hangar and FS9. That has worked wonders for speeding up FS>load times.>>I haven't thought about "X-ing" out unused scenery, but it>makes sense. Think I'll try that.>>Hope this helps. Long load times are frustrating, to say the>least.>>Bob>>