Sign in to follow this  
bobnv

[Resolved] How to "install" MyTraffic into V4

Anyone get it working?   If so same install as V3?

Thanks,

Edited by Poppet
[Resolved]

Yes, it works just fine. Elaine Dixon's guide to manually installing My Traffic 6 into P3d V3 works the same for V4, except for the folder locations. Don't forget to rename the P3d default AI traffic file (trafficAircraft.bgl) in <drive>:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery to something other than .BGL.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122412

I currently have installed it for P3D v3, but I have already uninstalled P3D v3 and installed a fresh new copy of P3D v4. Do I still need to uninstall MyTraffic Pro 6 and reinstall it again in order for it to work with the new P3D v4? Or can I simply somehow run the MyTraffic Pro app and point it to the P3D v4 directory?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Question, I have P3Dv3 and use MyTraffic Pro 6.  Do I need to re-download it for V4 and follow the above steps? 

You do not need to uninstall MyTraffic 6. Like RealAir, the MyT 6 developer took LM's advice a long time ago and installed the addon in its own folder, rather than in a subfolder of P3d. Keep in mind that this type of installation described in the above link to Elaine's thread is the "old" method and not the one suggested by LM for addons.

• Upvote 1

I have my traffic 6 working in P3D V4 great except I don't seem to have sounds from the aircraft.

I have been using X-Plane with X-Life traffic while waiting for V4 and the sound on that is brilliant, I can't remember how good the sound was in MT6.
Jog an old mans memory would you.

2 My Traffic 6 Topics have been Merged 

I am going to try to make WOAI working with P3D V4. I am not sure about it if it is going to work. But I can always try, nothing wrong with that.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

1 hour ago, glider_uk said:

I have my traffic 6 working in P3D V4 great except I don't seem to have sounds from the aircraft.

I have been using X-Plane with X-Life traffic while waiting for V4 and the sound on that is brilliant, I can't remember how good the sound was in MT6.
Jog an old mans memory would you.

Unfortunately, at least to me, the MT sounds were never that great.  X-life is actually pretty impressive with the ambiance it adds to the sim.  Hearing how the airliners spool up on take off and reversers on landing is pretty incredible. 

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

This worked for me and I'm getting sound OK in MyTraffic 6.  X-Life is pretty nice except that relatively few airports are supported.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Good morning, 

The developer of this product is away due to illness (read in a forum) and in an attempt to assist the community (that has helped me in the past), I wanted to post some notes on getting MT6 in to P3Dv4.

I installed it this morning with no issue aside from having to manually edit the Simobjects.cfg file with notepad++.  Instructions below:

From WITHIN the sim, add a scenery library for MyTraffic Professional 6.  Add the location that you installed it to ie: C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic  <--DO NOT add the aircraft folder.

Move the new entry down the line until it is just about the Global Generic & Vehicle Libraries.

Before you exit you sim, make sure you have some traffic turned on!

Next, download notepad++ - new file format for the .CFG files that, if not manipulated correctly, could have you reinstalling your sim!!

Browse to C:\Program Data\ Lockheed Martin\P3Dv4 (or whatever  you named it).

Open the Simobjects.cfg

If you have not done anything to this file, your next line will be 10.  Add the following (but replace 10 with the next number in sequence if you have something already added in there):

[Entry.10] 
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles 
Path=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=False
Active=True

I forgot to add that you will also need to navigate to <P3D SIM FOLDER>\Scenery\World\Scenery and find a file called trafficAircraft.BGL and change it to .OFF or .OLD so that you dont see any default AI aircraft.  Should look like this trafficAircraft.BGL.OFF

Simple as that!!!!

Enjoy!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

MyTraffic 6 Topics Merged