Sign in to follow this  
bobnv

[Resolved] How to "install" MyTraffic into V4

6 minutes ago, glider_uk said:

It works fine

Is it a new download?  I saw an explanation of install a couple of days ago and asked a question about it but there was no reply.  I am hesitant to try something over my knowledge level. 

The same download works fine.  Mine was installed outside of the P3D folder for V3 and all I had to do was add the required line to the simobjects.cfg file and add it to the scenery library for it to work.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

2 minutes ago, kenthom said:

Is it a new download?  I saw an explanation of install a couple of days ago and asked a question about it but there was no reply.  I am hesitant to try something over my knowledge level. 

No new install, Just change path in communicator to V4 all the rest is the same install sequence. If you search Poppet did a guide.

glider_uk,    I assume this is the instruction you are referring to;

"I installed it this morning with no issue aside from having to manually edit the Simobjects.cfg file with notepad++.  Instructions below:

From WITHIN the sim, add a scenery library for MyTraffic Professional 6.  Add the location that you installed it to ie: C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic  <--DO NOT add the aircraft folder.

Move the new entry down the line until it is just about the Global Generic & Vehicle Libraries.

Before you exit you sim, make sure you have some traffic turned on!

Next, download notepad++ - new file format for the .CFG files that, if not manipulated correctly, could have you reinstalling your sim!!

Browse to C:\Program Data\ Lockheed Martin\P3Dv4 (or whatever  you named it).

Open the Simobjects.cfg

If you have not done anything to this file, your next line will be 10.  Add the following (but replace 10 with the next number in sequence if you have something already added in there):

[Entry.10] 
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles 
Path=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=False
Active=True

I forgot to add that you will also need to navigate to <P3D SIM FOLDER>\Scenery\World\Scenery and find a file called trafficAircraft.BGL and change it to .OFF or .OLD so that you dont see any default AI aircraft.  Should look like this trafficAircraft.BGL.OFF"

The bolded line confused me.  Where do you download the new file format from?  The warning scared me off!   Not sure what that means.

26 minutes ago, kenthom said:

glider_uk,    I assume this is the instruction you are referring to;

"I installed it this morning with no issue aside from having to manually edit the Simobjects.cfg file with notepad++.  Instructions below:

From WITHIN the sim, add a scenery library for MyTraffic Professional 6.  Add the location that you installed it to ie: C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic  <--DO NOT add the aircraft folder.

Move the new entry down the line until it is just about the Global Generic & Vehicle Libraries.

Before you exit you sim, make sure you have some traffic turned on!

Next, download notepad++ - new file format for the .CFG files that, if not manipulated correctly, could have you reinstalling your sim!!

Browse to C:\Program Data\ Lockheed Martin\P3Dv4 (or whatever  you named it).

Open the Simobjects.cfg

If you have not done anything to this file, your next line will be 10.  Add the following (but replace 10 with the next number in sequence if you have something already added in there):

[Entry.10] 
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles 
Path=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=False
Active=True

I forgot to add that you will also need to navigate to <P3D SIM FOLDER>\Scenery\World\Scenery and find a file called trafficAircraft.BGL and change it to .OFF or .OLD so that you dont see any default AI aircraft.  Should look like this trafficAircraft.BGL.OFF"

The bolded line confused me.  Where do you download the new file format from?  The warning scared me off!   Not sure what that means.

Notepad ++ is a free open source text editor, use it to edit your cfg files, download and install it from here :

https://notepad-plus-plus.org

52 minutes ago, 4L0M said:

Notepad ++ is a free open source text editor, use it to edit your cfg files, download and install it from here :

https://notepad-plus-plus.org

How do you tell Notepad++ to use Unicode or is that automatic?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I tried the above description of directing MyTraffic.   Within the sim\scenery library\add area\MyTraffic Proffessional,  The scenery file would not open.  Nor would the texture.    It still works fine in P3Dv3.    

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, glider_uk said:

No new install, Just change path in communicator to V4 all the rest is the same install sequence. If you search Poppet did a guide.

Do you mean to simply go to Manage Prepared3D>Localize Prepar3d v3 and change the "v3" to "v4"?  

1 minute ago, kenthom said:

Do you mean to simply go to Manage Prepared3D>Localize Prepar3d v3 and change the "v3" to "v4"?  

Correct Yes

11 minutes ago, glider_uk said:

Correct Yes

It has been a long time since I went through this process with V3.    There are several entries below the "Localize Prepar3d v3"  Do I change all of the from "v3" to "v4" or is that done in the process?  I will have to search the install directions again to walk me through this.  UGH.    I appreciate you taking the time to respond.   V4 is nothing without ai traffic.   I tried the manual steps that are quoted above and that didn't work for me.  I'm sure it is my error.  Trying hard to figure this out.

7 minutes ago, kenthom said:

It has been a long time since I went through this process with V3.    There are several entries below the "Localize Prepar3d v3"  Do I change all of the from "v3" to "v4" or is that done in the process?  I will have to search the install directions again to walk me through this.  UGH.    I appreciate you taking the time to respond.   V4 is nothing without ai traffic.   I tried the manual steps that are quoted above and that didn't work for me.  I'm sure it is my error.  Trying hard to figure this out.

Just click on localize V3 but then browse to V4, don't forget to make the changes to simobjects.cfg as stated above. in documents\Prepar3d -V4 Files

Edit : apologies Browse to C:\Program Data\ Lockheed Martin\P3Dv4 

3 minutes ago, glider_uk said:

Select manage v2/v3

Then Localize V3 

In the text box type or paste your pathway to V4 click OK

myt1.jpg

I still have V3 installed and use it.  Will this affect V3?  

You will have to re localize if you go back to V3 I assume, only take a sec.

Sorry I am not an expert and I know what its like when I get stumped but it seems logical to me.

6 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Could you please leave these install chat out of this thread please? Thanks!

I installed today:

Chaseplane

AivlaSoft EFB works

Plan G3 does NOT connect

All FSDT stuff I have works and has v4 installers

FlyTampa Dubai works with a patch

Flightbeam KSFO works

You got aivlasoft to work?

- Aaron