Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Should I buy the FSL A320

Hi there,

I want to buy the FSL A320 but I am not sure. Do you think it's worth the money? I now I actually we've waited for an Airbus ever since FSX exists. However, do you think it's worth 139 USD (incl. P3D Version)

I am really unsure because of performance, when it comes realization, do you think it has the same level as PMDG?

7 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Hi there,

I want to buy the FSL A320 but I am not sure. Do you think it's worth the money? I now I actually we've waited for an Airbus ever since FSX exists. However, do you think it's worth 139 USD (incl. P3D Version)

I am really unsure because of performance, when it comes realization, do you think it has the same level as PMDG?

If you want the most realistic Airbus you can get for FS, then yes it is worth it absolutely. I paid about 120 quid for it or something like that and I think it was well worth it becuase I really wanted an accurate simulation of the A320. The performance is good, because there are plenty of options to tweak, such as the ability to load lower resolution textures and such. Do I think it is the same level as PMDG? No actually, I think it is better.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Every bit the level of PMDG!  You should have purchased it before last Wednesday as the would have got the P3D and FSX version for the one price! 

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Yes, you should have bought it months ago.  In my opinion it is the best out right now.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I have hardly flown anything else since I bought it nine months ago. And I do have every quality FS airliner in my hangar.
It is expensive, yes, but taking into consideration how many times I have flown it, it finally turned out to be cheap as chips.

The best airliner I have ever had in my sim (any). Don't ask me why. It just feels like that and has that something special.

30 minutes ago, petkez said:

You should have purchased it before last Wednesday as the would have got the P3D and FSX version for the one price

What do you mean?

• Upvote 1

Prior to the release of P3D v4 you only had to pay the price difference between the FSL A320 to get the P3D version.  Now if you buy the P3D version you don't get the FSX version included. I got an email from FSL last week saying if was the last chance to upgrade to the P3D version at a discount.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Really?

I thought they withdrew their discount when the A320-X was released for Prepar3D V4, not when Lockheed-Martin released Prepar3D V4? Or did I miss something?

This is from the announcement on their forums:

"
- Once the P3Dv4 A320-X is released, it will be available FREE OF CHARGE to all existing A320-X P3Dv3 customers *** as of that date ***.
- Once the P3Dv4 A320-X is released, the upgrade discount path from FSX into P3D (any version) will be discontinued.
"

Please see the full announcement here

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I have just bought it, let's fly Airbus guys... :-D

Anders: I cannot confirm that, you still have the opportunity to upgrade for the discount price. Just grasped it.

Yeah, absolutely worth it!!  I think too, IMO, that it's the best aircraft right now for FS - any platform.  I know the Boeing lovers will prefer and say PMDG at the very least due to the bias towards Boeing(I used to be one of those guys).  But, if you can put aside your biases to which you prefer(Boeing vs Airbus), this is just go that something "extra" that makes it feel more alive than anything else out there.  Worth every penny in my book!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Wait till they fix the endless bug list first in my opinion... its already 4 months since last update and no word when they will release new update. I actually dispute my payment and got rid of it. At least till they fix it.

Roi Ben

Too late, now. However, I heard about some issues as not modelled features in the MCDU as wind entries. Didn't know it has bugs. I really hope he will fix them with the upgrade to v4. To sad, that the support seems to be rather poor :(

• Upvote 1

Their website shows the FSX Version at $99.95 and an Upgrade from FSX to P3D at $39.95. Is that option still available, i.e. purchase of the FSX version and the Upgrade to P3D?

I'm getting slightly confused between posts here and their website. Please advise.

It still works. I have downloaded it approx. one hour ago.

1 minute ago, 737_800 said:

Too late, now. However, I heard about some issues as not modelled features in the MCDU as wind entries. Didn't know it has bugs. I really hope he will fix them with the upgrade to v4. To sad, that the support seems to be rather poor :(

Well maybe you'll be the one of the lucky few who never had any bugs or issues... fly a little if encounter strange stuff try search in the forum, most likely its been reported more then once and waiting for and update. I guess if 4 months and still no word on update or fix you'll wait at least another 4... in the worst case dispute the paypal payment like i did. No one should buy a crazy buggy product and in such price.... 

Roi Ben

3 hours ago, 737_800 said:

Hi there,

There's no better plane for any flight sim in my opinion. Absolutely worth it