Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Should I buy the FSL A320

1 hour ago, chironale said:

Concerning the C&D state, I have been using a C&D Cessna as my default flight. You can then select the FSL A320 directly from the menu. Works flawlessly for me.

I agree however that communication to the community has been somewhat underwhelming by FSL. I understand that a lot has been going on behind the scenes, but some critical issues such as the missing transitions should have been resolved via an interim update imho. 

Anyways, still by far the most immersive add on in my hangar and really worth the money.

We've been working on a new add-on manager which will make small updates like this easier in the future. 

How I start the A320 up when I use it is to load the 320 straight into the P3D, so select the paint I want, the airport and gate and select fly now. Then I connected the external power, external air and chocks and shut the engines off. That should provide you a good turnaround state and a 'clean' aircraft so to speak from which to start your next adventure. 

2 hours ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for that, Mark. I am not willing to pay £105 for the FSX version to go through all that Default Trike silly nonsense.And your observations on the PMDG and the A2A for less price than this, is spot-on.

Glad I saw your post. No matter how astonishing this maybe, if for that price the basics of a C+D cannot be implemented, then it is a no-buy from me.My cheaper Aerosoft Airbus Triple Pack does that.

I would still say its a very good buy, perhaps at this date not as refined as a PMDG product but I am sure the service pack will address the issues and provide the selectable C&D and hopefully long and short turn states from the menu.  I have to say, once you do get it set up and working it really is a joy to fly and watching some of Blackbox711's videos that highlight the full potential of what this addon can do is really amazing.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

3 hours ago, CaptainTim said:

We've been working on a new add-on manager which will make small updates like this easier in the future. 

How I start the A320 up when I use it is to load the 320 straight into the P3D, so select the paint I want, the airport and gate and select fly now. Then I connected the external power, external air and chocks and shut the engines off. That should provide you a good turnaround state and a 'clean' aircraft so to speak from which to start your next adventure. 

Hi Tim, 

good too hear, sounds great. Again, I now that you guys have been extremely busy and I am looking forward to any future updates. Keep up the great work!

Ale

Pulled the trigger and made the Buy. Now, where can I get Liveries as I looked at the link in the PDF and all I could find were 2-3 in the Avsim Library and a Ryanair on that PDF link?

Thanks.

35 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Pulled the trigger and made the Buy. Now, where can I get Liveries as I looked at the link in the PDF and all I could find were 2-3 in the Avsim Library and a Ryanair on that PDF link?

Thanks.

Repaints are downloaded  via the FSL site

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Repaints are downloaded  via the FSL site

Thanks, Alan. Just been there for the 2nd time. Don't see anything about Liveries. Clicked on Forum. All I see is 'Read These First', 'General Discussion', and 'Archive'.

I looked in General Discussion. Nothing pinned about Repaints. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place as the Downloads section inly had a Ryanair which I do not want(do Ryanair fly ABs?).

Note that it is actually a right pain in the arse to be honest, on the FSL site you have to go to: Profile/Account Settings and add validate Order ID and Registration in order to be able to download liveries.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Rafal said:

It is here:

downloads_zpsnxuobcoh.jpg

In case it still doesn't work, here is the link for you: https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/files/

Thanks, Rafal. That was precisely where I went to.

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Note that it is actually a right pain in the arse to be honest, on the FSL site you have to go to: Profile/Account Settings and add validate Order ID and Registration in order to be able to download liveries.

Thanks, Alan, that makes sense now. I was looking at the sell-up video spotted a few Liveries which I thought would get loaded as default. I'll try that.

The FSLabs Bus is really the best bus out there, but the performance is (at least on my system with FSX- FX-6300, MSI GTX-1050ti with 16GB Ram) horrible. This is the cause why this 100 bucks are hangared for me. I tried all tweaks and "solutions", including shutting down all addons and programs that makes FSX look good. Maybe it runs better on P3D or whatever, but hey- I thought it runs also on FSX. Maybe an servicepack in the future makes it flyable in the futute for me, but so long, it just catches dust in the hangar.

Sorry for all FSLabs fans, I dont say this bird is bad, but this is my experience with it. 

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

2 hours ago, Rhinozherous said:

The FSLabs Bus is really the best bus out there, but the performance is (at least on my system with FSX- FX-6300, MSI GTX-1050ti with 16GB Ram) horrible. This is the cause why this 100 bucks are hangared for me. I tried all tweaks and "solutions", including shutting down all addons and programs that makes FSX look good. Maybe it runs better on P3D or whatever, but hey- I thought it runs also on FSX. Maybe an servicepack in the future makes it flyable in the futute for me, but so long, it just catches dust in the hangar.

Sorry for all FSLabs fans, I dont say this bird is bad, but this is my experience with it. 

How's it compare to the NGX in terms of performance?  You should update your card in your signature.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

8 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

How's it compare to the NGX in terms of performance?  You should update your card in your signature.

Thank you for the signature hint!

I have zero problems in terms of performance with the NGX, she runs smooth as butter with all my addons and for example ORBX Vector, Global base and Europe LC, even on payware airports... NGX is another league in terms of performance. Also the 777.

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Just doing my very first flight with this aircraft. When flying other aircraft, when I press the trigger button on my MSFF2 joystick, the brake are applied. Tried it with this bird, nothing happens. Is it anything to do with when I first fired it up I was asked to delete [REALISM] AutoCoord=True from the fsx,cfg?

10 hours ago, vc10man said:

Is it anything to do with when I first fired it up I was asked to delete [REALISM] AutoCoord=True from the fsx,cfg?

I don't think so, Rick. Due to extreme system realism FSL A320 offers, it is more difficult to set up (and operate) than it usually is with add-on aircraft.
The braking system is one of these things giving simmers a little bit of headache. I wholeheartedly suggest that you do a search at FSL forums and you will find a lot of threads about braking problems.
They should help you solve the problem.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your kind reply, Rafal.

I was beginning to wonder to myself, 'You, noob, you are not doing something right !!'.

What about the steering? I found out that as I tried to make a tight turn, at the end of a runway to turn around, the nose-wheel barely turned and i ended up making a wide arc.

Have now registered my buy, so can download Liveries to, and look in there as you have suggested, and also just bought FT's Vienna V2 to complete the Tutorial. I have done the Aerosoft version 100s of times, so am hoping, the Tutorial Vienna-Copenhagen is not too different.