Sign in to follow this  
walfob

FSX v FSX Steam v Prepared3D

Could I please request that this forum be separated into, or clearly refer to, questions relating to whichever platform the issue relates to.

I am tired of following an interesting thread only to find it concerns an issue in P3D, be it performance related, livery related or whatever. 

I may be influenced into thinking that P3D is the future, but I don't have it; nor do I expect to have it in the immediate future. PMDG/FSX is my platform and I enter the forum expecting to see issues in this sphere. 

Would it be an idea to, at least, state the operating system your PMDG question relates to?  

Bernard Walford

8 minutes ago, walfob said:

Could I please request that this forum be separated into, or clearly refer to, questions relating to whichever platform the issue relates to.

I am tired of following an interesting thread only to find it concerns an issue in P3D, be it performance related, livery related or whatever. 

I may be influenced into thinking that P3D is the future, but I don't have it; nor do I expect to have it in the immediate future. PMDG/FSX is my platform and I enter the forum expecting to see issues in this sphere. 

Would it be an idea to, at least, state the operating system your PMDG question relates to?  

I think that is a sensible suggestion.

Although, while you are on the topic I would highly recommend upgrading to P3D.  I was like you, sticking to FSX for a very long time.  But when you try P3D you will never go back.

The main problem with splitting is that some issues might actually relates to both platforms as well. And in this case separating would mean one sim side would not know about it.
I would say than better than having separate use of the forum, a good usage of the tags system on this forum might be the best solution. Simply putting the platform in the tags as those can also be used in the advanced search form.

15 hours ago, wedgantilles said:

The main problem with splitting is that some issues might actually relates to both platforms as well. And in this case separating would mean one sim side would not know about it.

Fair point, and if I know that the issue also concerns FSX I'll carry on reading; otherwise, if it's only to do with P3D I'll skip it and not waste my time by reading any further. 

There have been recent mails in which the platform is not immediately clear and I've read on believing an issue applied to FSX and on which I may be expecting an update.  

Bernard Walford

On 6/2/2017 at 3:55 PM, wedgantilles said:

I would say than better than having separate use of the forum, a good usage of the tags system on this forum might be the best solution. Simply putting the platform in the tags as those can also be used in the advanced search form.

This - plus it would be a bear to moderate.

Also, when we first started doing FSX and FSX:SE, I'd posted a quick note saying that people may want to add something like "FSX: [...]" to their thread titles to let people know. Obviously this would be optional, but it helps everyone out.

Kyle Rodgers