Sign in to follow this  
JerryG

No aircraft displayed in Create a Flight screen

Apologies in advance, I searched the forum, but could only find a couple results for this issue.When I Create a Flight, the bottom half of the screen (where theaircraft should appear) is black - no plane is displayed. IfI go to windowed mode (ALT-Enter), the plane appears, and I canuse the mouse to rotate the plane. I recall that with FS9, themouse rotation would only work in windowed mode, but I recall atleast seeing the plane in fullscreen mode.I've upgraded drivers, but put them back to the version I previouslyused. Is this an Anti-alas issue?I'm using a nVidia GeForce 6800 PCI card.Thanks!JerryG

Guest geognut

Hi,I had this same problem recently. It happened after I bumped up the antialiasing to 8X on my Nvidia 6600 GT. As soon as I set it back to 4x (what I normally use), the planes reappeared in the Create a Flight screen. Hope this helps.-jason

I get that too at 8x AA, also if I go into windowed mode the aircraft appears again. If I have 4x or less AA the aircraft appears again in Full Screen.I have an nVidia GeForce 6600 GT PCIE card.I believe its an issue with nvidia drivers and I do not think there is a solution.I am running the latest 81.98 drivers and they did not cure the problem for me. I just switch from full screen to window and back again.RegardsGarry

Go back to the 71.xx drivers, problem is gone.I can run it up to the top AA/AS.* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Thanks,I'll use either 4xAA or windowed mode while selecting the aircraft.JerryG