Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

ActiveSky 16 close to v4 release

28 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Not to rain on anyones parade here, but I took a look at the original post at HifiSim.

His original choice of words is nowhere near to " Active Sky 16 close to v4 release".

He says: "assuming no major issues found over the next few hours, we will be posting the ASP4 OPEN BETA! Timing is subject to change of course." 

The decisive points I highlighted. So first of all the beta version is going public. Not the final version.

IF no major issue are found over the next few hours (that was 3 hours ago).

But he is not saying that they will relase the beta in a few hours he is just saying that if they don't find anything major in the next few hours they will release a beta. No timeframe is given for that release.

That's quite a few if's.

You jinxed it, but in a good way :)

Everyone, click on the download link once and let it get in line to download.

Oof, this is brutal!  If I get a copy I may throw it on my webserver to help out thanks for fios quantum 1 gig service ;)

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Managed to download, its not accepting my AS16 license key. Hopefully that's just a temp issue (keys not yet established to this newer version)

1 minute ago, daelight said:

Managed to download, its not accepting my AS16 license key. Hopefully that's just a temp issue (keys not yet established to this newer version)

It should work if you had a Prepar3D key for AS16 v3.  If you continue to have issues please submit a ticket:

http://hifisupport.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit

• Upvote 1

\Robert Hamlich/

installed great, as16 and asca from scratch. no license issue. Not sure if after installing the asca p3dv4 update I should re/install the HD update or not but in game and looking beautiful currently.

12 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

It should work if you had a Prepar3D key for AS16 v3.  If you continue to have issues please submit a ticket:

http://hifisupport.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit

Thank you for reply Robert - I re-checked my key, I was using ASN 2012 key instead of the ASN 2016 - all good now.

4 hours ago, CrownCityMisfits said:

Awesome. Last night, I upgraded my ASN to AS16 for $20 so I could get the free v4 update. Worth it. I'm ready!

Which store has the 20 upgrade?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Not sure if this helps anyone out or not but here you 

If its not allowed a mod can remove the link or shoot me a message and Ill remove the hosting.  Just trying to help fellow simmers out to enjoy the weekend.  :)

Edited by vgbaron
unauthorized link

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

16 minutes ago, pegruder said:

Not sure if this helps anyone out or not but here you go: http://nycgaming.net/files/AS_P3Dv4_Install.exe

If its not allowed a mod can remove the link or shoot me a message and Ill remove the hosting.  Just trying to help fellow simmers out to enjoy the weekend.  :)

Use the link at your own risk.

• Upvote 1

\Robert Hamlich/

34 minutes ago, OmniAtlas said:

Check for the AS16 upgrade through the reseller from whom you purchased ASN.

\Robert Hamlich/

Quick ? - Does ASCA work in v4 or does that need a new version as well?

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

It works just fine, head back to the bottom of the page where you found the P3Dv4 link and there is an update for ASCA.

\Robert Hamlich/

I bought ASN simmarket and they are offering it for an upgrade of 27 euro.

I just checked FSPS store and it is 20 euro - https://www.fspsstore.com/flight-simulation/hifi-technologies-inc-active-sky-2016-sp1-fsx-upgrade.html

Hm, not happy. 

---

Update, seems with FSPS I can use my old ASN key and still purchase from them. Sounds good to me, and will go ahead. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

14 minutes ago, OmniAtlas said:

I bought ASN simmarket and they are offering it for an upgrade of 27 euro.

I just checked FSPS store and it is 20 euro - https://www.fspsstore.com/flight-simulation/hifi-technologies-inc-active-sky-2016-sp1-fsx-upgrade.html

Hm, not happy. 

That is correct.

You're getting upset for nothing.  That is the Active Sky 2016 SP1 FSX upgrade.  That is the cross platform price to get AS16 for FSX, not Prepar3D.

Compatability:   FSX, FSX:SE

Make sure that you choose the correct platform my friend or you might be wasting your money and pay more than double.

\Robert Hamlich/

52 minutes ago, OmniAtlas said:

http://secure.simmarket.com/hifi-tech-active-sky-2016-p3d.phtml

Scroll down to update offer. Sorry, the price went up to EUR 27.99 today. I got the $20 deal during the sale. Snuck in with 7 minutes left.

Note that the discount is applied automatically if you purchased ASN in this shop. You may want to go to the shop you purchased from.

Good luck.