Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Side by side V3 and V4 screenshot - Dissappointed

I really don't get this sim war, from either side.  Why is anyone emotionally invested in a sim??? 

3 minutes ago, frontendrob said:

I think some objective discussion doesn't hurt. I have interest in P3D, that's why I come here. Then I see these shocking images and just react. Deal with it?

Of course, would you welcome the same "objective discussion" in the X-Plane forums, from people who hadn't purchased the sim?  "Shocking images", perhaps a slight over reaction on your part?  I'll be the first to admit out-of-the-box X-Plane 11 looks fantastic (though not as good as DCS or Aerofly), at night X-Plane has no equal.  But, i think that with the numerous add ons released for P3D we can make it look as good.

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

4 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

Of course, would you welcome the same "objective discussion" in the X-Plane forums, from people who hadn't purchased the sim?

Ian, they are just feeling threatened it's a natural human response.

In the last few days we have had "new" users posting ridiculously badly made videos featuring low end 2D cockpits in a desperate effort to discredit the new Sim.

Happens every time, just this time it's more serious for the Xplane kiddies because Xplane just lost it's 64bit advantage and it looks like it will still have less addons or developers.

Fear does strange things to folks, I hope everything works out for frontendrob before he turns into backendrob

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, aceridgey said:

Both with ORBX Global LC etc, i just think the vegetation and textures/colours look better in the V3 picture?

It's really in eye of the beholder, I personally found the V4 shot let glaring and more realistic.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

9 minutes ago, Anxu00 said:

It's really in eye of the beholder, I personally found the V4 shot let glaring and more realistic.

It was all related to turning the complex autogen option. It makes all the trees a horrible pastel colour. I'm happy again and with a little shadow the v4 looks much much better! 

Thumbs up from me 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

33 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

But, i think that with the numerous add ons released for P3D we can make it look as good.

I respect you part, but I can't figure out why people want to spend 100+ dollars on making p3D look better when they apparently can get good visuals with default xp or with Ortho4xp? I am just asking, not doing p3D vs xp talk, just a question. I do like P3D but I don't pay 60 dollars + 70 dollars for orbx vector and global base pack. Would be lovely to know och maybe convince other wise. :) Cheers

4 minutes ago, aceridgey said:

turning the complex autogen option

off?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

The second picture actually looks a bit toyish like X-Plane. I prefer the first one.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1 minute ago, Sebjo89 said:

I respect you part, but I can't figure out why people want to spend 100+ dollars on making p3D look better when they apparently can get good visuals with default xp or with Ortho4xp? I am just asking, not doing p3D vs xp talk, just a question. I do like P3D but I don't pay 60 dollars + 70 dollars for orbx vector and global base pack. Would be lovely to know och maybe convince other wise. :) Cheers

There are many people already heavily invested in P3D add-ons that the extra cost in getting a new license to get rid of the long standing issue of OOM is very well worth it.  Starting from fresh, XP11 is a contender, now that it support second monitor and a bunch of other stuffs.  The Ortho4XP and all the free stuffs there in XP are very good, but people also wants seasons and the paid sceneries in p3d land are much more diverse. Plus weather depiction in p3d with payware is better than the same combo with XP.  

• Upvote 1

Vu Pham

4 minutes ago, Sebjo89 said:

I have tried x Plane a few times, for many hours, and to me it always looked like crap compared to P3D. A few times I have commented on what I thought of X Plane on this forum, and some how the thread was moved to the X Plane forum, and I was insulted, called names, accused of being a hate monger and a troll just to name a few. Anyway, I wouldn't trade X plane for P3D if you paid me. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

12 minutes ago, Sebjo89 said:

As somebody said below your comment, i already have the add ons for P3Dv3, so it didn't cost me anything to get them for v4.

I think that both sims have there strengths and i fully intend to buy X-Plane 11 in a Steam sale.  I think that the biggest failing with X-Plane was also 3rd party support for complex airliners, i agree that is starting to change and look forward to seeing what can be achieved in future with this platform.

Ian R Tyldesley

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have tried x Plane a few times, for many hours, and to me it always looked like crap compared to P3D. A few times I have commented on what I thought of X Plane on this forum, and some how the thread was moved to the X Plane forum, and I was insulted, called names, accused of being a hate monger and a troll just to name a few. Anyway, I wouldn't trade X plane for P3D if you paid me. 

Or maybe they both are good for what they are. Maybe people who thinks the other sims looks bad just expresses a feeling, rather then looking at something from a developers view who know what it takes to create a sim with the current hardware and graphics engines. I like both sims for what they are. The only thing is the spending of addons that is scratching my head. Could also be a dedication thing that a dont see. 

7 minutes ago, Sebjo89 said:

Or maybe they both are good for what they are. Maybe people who thinks the other sims looks bad just expresses a feeling, rather then looking at something from a developers view who know what it takes to create a sim with the current hardware and graphics engines. I like both sims for what they are. The only thing is the spending of addons that is scratching my head. Could also be a dedication thing that a dont see. 

In my opinion, if you want the eye candy, XP10/11 are great.  However, if you want in depth study level a/c, great choice of 3rd party atc, weather, numerous airports and other addons, P3Dv3/4 is the way to go.  I don't know if XP will ever catch up to FSX/P3D as far as the level of addons are concerned.  If they do, it will be years before it happens.

I personally spend 75% of my flight time viewing the interior of an a/c, monitoring instrument gauges, panels, FMC, etc.  I am simulating flying an a/c.  You don't fly a real one from the outside (spot view), so I don't use spot view very often.  The external (spot type) views are less important to me than the vc view. 

That's my take on it and why I'm here in the P3D forum.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

I have given X-Plane a chance many times... However I'm always coming back to P3D, and the reason for that is, P3D has much better third party support. For 1 the airliners are much better and the weather. Those are the 2 most important things to me. X-Plane has great night lighting and ortho4xp, but that's about it. The airliners compared to the ones on P3D are a joke. The quality just feels cheap, and the immersion factor when flying airliners in X-Plane just isn't there for me. Once I heard that P3D v4 is releasing, I was thrilled and came back in an instant. I will keep both sims on my machine, but will only dedicate my time and money to one, and that will be P3D for me. I'm tired of switching back n forth between the 2. Not only is this an expensive hobby, but having to purchase add-ons for both sim can burn a hole in my pockets. So thats my reason for sticking to 1 sim vs multiple.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 minute ago, beechcaptain said:

In my opinion, if you want the eye candy, XP10/11 are great.  However, if you want in depth study level a/c, great choice of 3rd party atc, weather, numerous airports and other addons, P3Dv3/4 is the way to go.  I don't know if XP will ever catch up to FSX/P3D as far as the level of addons are concerned.  If they do, it will be years before it happens.

I personally spend 75% of my flight time viewing the interior of an a/c, monitoring instrument gauges, panels, FMC, etc.  I am simulating flying an a/c.  You don't fly a real one from the outside (spot view), so I don't use spot view very often.  The external (spot type) views are less important to me than the vc view. 

That's my take on it and why I'm here in the P3D forum.

I would like to add that all people which have invested in P3D shouldn't have any reason abandoing it. It's there choice and  I would also stick with p3D if I had invested in it. So.. maybe the question remains for the new people which is about to buy a simulator.

I been using flight sim's  since it as started back in the early days. I own every version of FSX and P3D and spent over $1000.00 of add-on. It is only normal to see that the scenery between the various versions have not change due to the platform it was built on. That is why you have developer's like Orbx that enhance the visuals to make it look better. I have recently change to X-plane 11 because of OOM in P3D. Now that P3D v4  64bit is out, I will purchase it when all my add-on update become available. I will still fly in X-Plane and soon in P3D v4 because I am a flight simmer.