Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Use P3D's native POV hat panning with Chaseplane?

So here's my issue.

Ever since I started using Chaseplane, I've dealt with stuttering / juddering issue when using Chaseplane assigned POV hat controls. Every time I'd move my POV hat to look around, it would just feel juddery, not consistent and just plain awful. I did unbind the POV hat from controls, tried changing CPU affinity to the least used core, different joysticks, clean Windows installations but nothing helped. I stopped using it after a few weeks. Now I come back with the release of V4 and a new version of Chaseplane and the problem persists, unfortunately. 

Using the game's own POV hat panning feature or even EZdok 1 & 2 yields a very smooth pan, yet not with Chaseplane. 

I tried removing the binds from Chaseplane and using the game's own panning, alongside Chaseplane but then it just locks in the middle, moves a bit and bounces back. Only way this works is by disabling "Global Enable", which also kills the motion effects and advanced features. 

So the grand question is, what's my best course of action? Is it completely impossible to enjoy both the in-game panning with Chaseplane's effects or is there some way to do it? Perhaps to upcoming release of FSUIPC5 can work some magic?

Thanks

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Hi,

Are you experiencing stutters using the sliders in the User Interface?

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi,

I saw the other thread and this one.
I had the same issue. It seems that disabling Windows 10 Game Mode resolved it. No more (or just few ones) stutters when using the POV hat with control assignements set in CP.

Hey,

Thanks both of you for the replies. As for the game mode suggestion, I'm currently running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB. A special version that doesn't receive the major feature updates (doesn't have the Creator's Update with game mode etc.) plus the issue was present even before the Creator's Update was rolled out. So I don't think it's that. 

Though I did seem to find the potential cause. Noticed that the inertia setting might be the culprit. After turning that down to 0 for the POV hat, it's back to being smooth and responds normally to any fluctuations in framerate. Before, it would create some massive judders and stutters, especially during even the smallest FPS fluctuations. 

So I'm back to enjoying Chaseplane! 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Very strange, thanks for the report, we will continue to investigate.

How's the performance with the LTSB build? I've always been curious to try it out!

Regards,

Keven

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Really satisfied with LTSB.

After the Creator's Update, it seems like quite a few people, including myself, was hit with various performance issues and occasional stutters. Some attributed to Nvidia and their drivers, others with the various inner workings of the OS. Regardless, LTSB is currently on a pre-CU build and won't be receiving it. My games run smooth as butter with zero of the dips I've been experiencing since I updated to CU. Plus the OS is squeaky clean, which also helps.

Only complaint I have is that GameDVR is in there and enabled, for some reason. So you need to rummage through the registry and edit 3 keys to disable it. Telemetry is also enabled and can only be turned down to "Security" level, which is one lower than the non-Enterprise "Basic" but it still sends some data. 

But just knowing that you won't have all of Microsoft's junk pushed onto your OS whenever they feel like it, with stuff you never asked for, is very comforting.

It's basically Windows 10 as it should have been, in my opinion.

• Upvote 1