Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

P3Dv4 Orbx Install Went Well !

My Orbx installs went very well and pretty fast on my SSD. I installed 7 regions with base, land class, and the new libraries using the updated FTX Central tool. It copied/updated everything from my P3Dv3 install.

P3Dv4 performs well for me using Vsync at 30 Hz and unlimited with triple buffering. I did have to turn off all the Orbx config eye candy options in the Southern and Northern Cal regions to maintain my P3D settings and FPS but that was fine with me.

Every day I’m getting closer to abandoning v3.  AS16 install coming soon I hear and then I’m almost there, these are exciting times for flight simmers!

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Same here.

Also, I just installed and tested HIFI's AS16+ASCA (they released an open beta).

Now, I have a good idea of the whole picture: weather and terrain with P3Dv4 and it's wonderful.

Blurries. Blurries have always been a problem with P3Dv3. A flight starts out OK, but a soon as I travel a bit...blurries. No more! It really is fantastic looking. I've flown over 100 nm and the scenery remains fluid, clear and well populated with autogen. Finally :biggrin:

P.S.

This test pushed my installed memory almost to the max (16Gb). I checked and with the above the used memory was almost pegged. Before installing Orbx and AS16 I was seeing memory useage around 6Gb. 

Not that this caused a problem but it looks like a new rig might be in my future.

Edited by RichieFly
On more thing...

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

2 hours ago, joepoway said:

My Orbx installs went very well and pretty fast on my SSD. I installed 7 regions with base, land class, and the new libraries using the updated FTX Central tool. It copied/updated everything from my P3Dv3 install.

P3Dv4 performs well for me using Vsync at 30 Hz and unlimited with triple buffering. I did have to turn off all the Orbx config eye candy options in the Southern and Northern Cal regions to maintain my P3D settings and FPS but that was fine with me.

Every day I’m getting closer to abandoning v3.  AS16 install coming soon I hear and then I’m almost there, these are exciting times for flight simmers!

What about new installs; do we need to re-download from the purchased store to find the V-4 installers ? 

Yeah.  From HIFI.

The key you received will work. There's links to both AS16 and ASCA. Download, install and when you're asked for you key, enter it there.

https://hifisimtech.com/active-sky-for-p3dv4-open-beta/

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Where does the Orbx install go? I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.  Is it buried with the P3Dv4 Directory or outside.  Please I hope they are following the new install guidelines

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

My P3Dv4 crash during boot up after installing Orbx. I just got a new PC and nothing was installed so I started again. Just about got all of the available Orbx products that are ready for V4 installed. Ive been running P3D in between each install just in case it crashes again. Then I will know what package is causing it.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

4 minutes ago, petkez said:

My P3Dv4 crash during boot up after installing Orbx. I just got a new PC and nothing was installed so I started again. Just about got all of the available Orbx products that are ready for V4 installed. Ive been running P3D in between each install just in case it crashes again. Then I will know what package is causing it.

Does Orbx install all the files inside the Prepar3d v4 Directory or outside in different directory that way the core sim files are untouched? could you take a look at your directories and let me know.  Thank you

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 minute ago, Skywolf said:

Does Orbx install all the files inside the Prepar3d v4 Directory or outside in different directory that way the core sim files are untouched? could you take a look at your directories and let me know.  Thank you

Looks like its inside the main P3Dv4 folder as my orbx folder is now 98GB

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

4 minutes ago, petkez said:

Looks like its inside the main P3Dv4 folder as my orbx folder is now 98GB

Thank You for letting me know

Damn Orbx...why do you have to own the sim completely.  It is just that when new updates come, things break and I have to waste my time reinstalling tons of orbx sceneries.  Even A2A, FSDT are installing outside and following new guidelines.  Bloody Hell...time waste

1 minute ago, Skywolf said:

Thank You for letting me know

Damn Orbx...why do you have to own the sim completely.  It is just that when new updates come, things break and I have to waste my time reinstalling tons of orbx sceneries.  Even A2A, FSDT are installing outside and following new guidelines.  Bloody Hell...time waste

Yeah I agree. You should be about to choose an install dir.

Pete Richards

Yes Orbx puts their scenery into the P3D install just like before I was surprised but it is what it is. Addditionally since I have both sims for now on the same drive it doubles your memory used for Orbx. My P3Dv3 is about 85Gb and now P3Dv4 has 69Gb as well with more to come. I was hoping it would point to the existing file but I believe some files get modified.

Having said all that I love what I see so far

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I installed most of my Orbx products today. Super easy with FTX Central 3.2. Just queued up the installations and let FTX Central do all the work. Could not have been easier. Orbx looks great in v4 with all of the extra autogen in terms of higher density and the much larger area it covers. Looking forward to HD Buildings in the next couple of months as well as new stuff they can provide that 64 bit allows due to higher system capacity.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Hi! I just installed v4 and am going to install all my ORBX. So it seems it still need to download again before installation and occupies doubled memory of SSD? Or is there any way to make it install from previously downloaded files?

Thanks'

Iching Lee from Taiwan