Sign in to follow this  
el_gargantuan

xbox controller issue in p3dv3

Hello,

After the software update yesterday (6/1), I've noticed that my xbox controller does not control anything unless the main chaseplane application window is in the foreground of my desktop. Chaseplane appears to stop responding to the xbox controller inputs as soon as I background the window.

Thanks,

Garg

I also wanted to add that I disabled experimental features and the old version does respond to the xbox input when the application window is in the background again, so it definitely seems like something in the latest version is causing the issue.

Thanks!

Hi, I am experiencing exactly the same thing but in P3Dv4. I was wondering what I have done. I have tried to reset everything but to no avail.

Hi, I am also experiencing the same issue in P3Dv4. I am going to switch non experimental mode and re-test.

Regards

Gary

I'm having a similar issue with FSX (not Steam version).  Keyboard assignments work, Xbox assignments do not.

Should have posted this in another topic. Sorry Keven.

Edited by flythebigjets
Should have been posted in another topic.

Thanks for those reports guys! I'm looking into it!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Oddly after doing an uninstall -reinstall - when I have ChasePlane on top (not minimized) it works as it should.  When it's minimized it does not work...  same as el_gargantuan above.

Same here!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I'm sure Keven will find a solution. Also remember this is a Alpha, not even a Beta version, and far less a stable release. I know we paid for the product, but we were warned that things could and will go wrong being that it's in an Alpha state. I say, let's be calm and trust that Keven will figure this out, which he has in a timely manner in the past.

• Upvote 1

i´m calm :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It´s just that this issue really invalidates the use of CP in it´s basic function. But of course, they have all the time needed for a solution!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I also discovered the problems with the xbox controller and Chaseplane with FSX Steam and Prepare3Dv3. The Problem startet last Monday with Software Update to v0.2.61 Alpha. I disabled the Experimental mode and the Software was set to v2.50 Alpha. With this Version I can use Chasplane with both simulators without problems. 

Thomas

We found the issue. A fix will be included in the next build.

Thanks everyone for their patience and for the research made on the issue!

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42