Sign in to follow this  
dornier

Please help me fine tune the flight controls in P3D V4

Hi everyone,

I have P3D V4 and have issues with elevator control.  First, I'm using an ACE 737 yoke, Thrustmaster rudder pedals, and a BRCockpit 737 throttle quadrant.  So what's my issue?  All flight controls are fine, but pitch inputs are jerky.  As an example, during takeoff rotation most if not all aircraft are overly sensitive.  If I move the elevator just a mm, it will pitch up or down way more than should.  If I use pitch trim, it's also very sensitive.  I'll click once on the elevator trim and the aircraft will pitch up or down way too much.  

What have I done to try to fix these issues?  I ran the calibration options for the flight controls, I turned down the sensitivity, but it's still an issue.  By the way, my flight controls work perfectly in FSX:SE using FSUIPC calibration.  So, what's the best way to fine tune the flight controls in P3D V4?

Thanks,

George 

Hi dornier,

Pete is still working on the FSUIPC 5 which is compatible with V4, he released the unregistered version the day before yesterday. You can check it out! It's in beta but you might want to give it a try. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/83448-fsuipc5-status-and-what-is-missing/

I didn't use ACE 737 yoke, but I googled it, it seems that there's no another reliable alternative way, the official instruction suggests you do it with FSUIPC way. Check with your supplier if you need additional help, may be they can offer an alternative method. :)

Good Luck! :)

Cheers,

Gordon

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

I turned the sensitivity down to like 10% on all the axes and it seems to work a lot better, Saitek yoke and pedals.

• Upvote 1

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

Update:

PMDG's 747 flies perfectly versus some of the default aircraft.  No problems whatsoever with pitch and trim control.  

Thanks,

George

Did you come up with a good fix on this? I also use the Ace yoke and find the default aircraft with elevator input is over sensitive. Did you use FSUIPC to fix it or the default?

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

The only two aircraft I fly are the PMDG 747 and Carenado Dornier 228 and they fly great with the ACE yoke.  I haven't tried the default aircraft since I purchased them.  I am using FSUIPC and it works great when it comes to calibration and options.  I'll try some of the other aircraft in the near future and report back.