Sign in to follow this  
Jonahbird

Use of British keyboards

In practice mode I was getting more reaction.  I was being heard and replied to, but only when I pressed and held PTT on screen.  The yoke trigger, although set up in FSUIPC, was still not working.  The "vPilot" link was typed into the WideClient.ini

Frank. That's good news.  In Practice mode, when you are heard, the phrase it recognizes is output in green text.  There is no response.  And the only PTT that will work is the on-screen PTT.  That is to be able to eliminate hardware issues when trouble shooting.  So looks like progress.

Now if you try with the main program connected to a SIM and tuned to a valid frequency, perhaps the Yoke button will work.

Let us know how it goes.

Dave

Dave

Linked to P3D using Sim-Avionics 737, with a filed flight plan, there was active dialogue, but only with the SayIt voice.  My yoke button switch was not live so I was unable to speak to ATC.

I haven't successfully turned off the sim's ATC etc, and I hear engine noise in  my headphones.  I expect my friend to put those things right on his next visit.

One irritating thing was occurring.  Although I was on the required post take-off height of 5000 feet, ATC kept telling me to maintain 5000.  Likely cause?

Regards

Frank Jones

There's really no way to know.  If you can email me your flight plan and the log file from that flight, I may be able to see what happened.

Log files are at:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

where <UserName> is your PC user name

A new one is created each time you start P2A.

Dave

Looks like there was a SID altitude restriction at 5000'. 

When "cleared to climb via the xxxxx departure, maintain FL 120...", you are cleared to FL 120 but must adhere to the altitude restrictions in the SID.  If you get above a restriction, ATC will warn you to maintain that altitude or to Descend and maintain that altitude.  After past all the restrictions, you can then initiate the climb to the cleared altitude of FL120.  If your cruise altitude is higher than FL 120, then you will get further clearance from ATC as you approach the cleared altitudes as in a regular "step climb".

Dave

Dave

My friend visited last evening, and I'm pleased to say he has cracked it. All now works perfectly.

The solution was to RTFM - not yours, but Pete Dowson's WideFS guide.

I had merely copied the ‘vPilot’ wording as written, only altering F12 to #. The format used to create that wording was unknown to me.

I should have made the WideClient.ini amendment as follows:

KeySend1=222,16 ; Press #

KeySend2=222,24 ; Release #

UseSendInput=Yes

FSUIPC uses the Windows code, in which # key is 222.

P2A uses the ASCII code, so in the P2A config, 42 appeared when I pressed the # key.

16 and 24 remained the same. The creation of those two numbers is explained in Pete Dowson’s WideFS guide.

Regards

Frank Jones