Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03JUN17] Information Specific to 747-400 compatibility with Prepar3D v4

Captains,

We are still chasing down some pretty annoying issues with making the 747-400 compatible for use with Prepar3D v4.

On Friday morning, we were pretty certain we would have a release for you during the night tonight, but it has been a frustrating night of solving what appears to be a nearly non-stop chain of very small items.

Any of you who have flown an airplane will understand when I say that "sometimes you just know by instinct that you should abort the takeoff..."  That is how I felt tonight as we were discussing whether or not to release this update to you, without a clear picture in our minds of why we had just seen a few oddities that were not repeatable.

I know you all are eager to get flying in Prepar3D v4- and believe me- this transition is making a complete hash of our development timeline, so we are eager to get you flying in Prepar3D v4 as well-  but not unlike the professional flight crew up on the flight deck of an actual 747, you aren't only paying us to know when to release this product, you are paying us to know when NOT to release it...

The "no-go" decision is always the hardest decision I have to make because I know it is frustrating to wait for a highly anticipated product.  But please trust me- we don't want you to experience 10x the frustration with a product that randomly misbehaves in ways that ruin your enjoyment of the new simulator.

I'm going to get a few hours of sleep, and we will all be back here chipping away at the issues on Saturday and I'll let you know how things are looking throughout the day.  The moment we sort out these last couple of items- she will be all yours!

• Upvote 26

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

No worries RSR,

These are one the most frustrating time during a development of such a product. We will get there no matter what but it's better to do it slowly

Have a Great Weekend :smile:

Thank you for the update.

It's always good to know what's happening and in this case, what isn't happening. I hope we can all appreciate the transparency of this eagerly awaited (again) product.

Thanks again.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Thank you for the update. 

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

Thanks for the update, Robert. It's extremely frustrating when doing troubleshooting and you run into bugs which aren't repeatable...

Hope it works out for you. Get some well deserved rest now.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Thanks Robert. My I ask if the triple 7 as the same issues or are you waiting after 747 releases, because of priorities?

Hello,
Thank you for the update and most of all, thank you for the hard working from testers.

There is no need to rush. However I have to admit I refresh PMDG and FSLabs forum countless time every single day.

Hoang Le

• Upvote 2

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

No worries, let's get it right.

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

+1

Better a product that is perfectly working as always from PMDG than a buggy thing. 

Thanks for the update Robert

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

In the words of the immortal, bugger! 

Good luck finding those last elusive bugs

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So if you need one more to test this bird - just let me know. The last days I'm used to test everything in v4 with and without problems, so an aircraft would be no problem for me here :biggrin:

Philipp Schwaegerl

Thanks for the update Robert. I bet if you deem it not ready, it is not ready. So be it. I can wait another week if need be, and I appreciate you saying you will try to get it out the door tomorrow... or this weekend..

I waited for 64bit a loooooooong time.... I think I can wait 1 or 2 weeks for the Queen now ;)

• Upvote 1

After waiting for years for a 64bit version of the simulator, what's a few days wait to get the best aircraft simulation ever. Thanks for the update and for your efforts and release when you are happy it's ready to go.

Regards

• Upvote 1