Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03JUN17] Information Specific to 747-400 compatibility with Prepar3D v4

2 hours ago, swiesma said:

I waited for 64bit a loooooooong time.... I think I can wait 1 or 2 weeks for the Queen now ;)

weeks :blink:

but... but... 

:laugh:

Perhaps I'm old and lame but hoping to fly her tonight. ..

spacer.png

Was hoping to get the queen up and put a few miles on the clock as I'm off work till tuesday but hopefully this will help the teams understanding of V4 and speed up the process with the other birds. As much as I love the Queen I will spend most of my time in the 737.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

Perhaps I'm old and lame but hoping to fly her tonight. ..

I hope so too :D 

as I refuse to go back to standard default scenery I have not been able to do a single proper flight with the 744 until now without OOM :D I'm so begging to jump in the Queen's cockpit and get her up :D haha

And that is why I am returning v4 and sticking with v3. Looks the same to me and runs worse so why not?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

No rush. Without Vector, FSUIPC, EZdok, FS Real Time, there will be no takeoff for me anyways...

• Upvote 1

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

6 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

...but not unlike the professional flight crew up on the flight deck of an actual 747, you aren't only paying us to know when to release this product, you are paying us to know when NOT to release it...

Sooo...that's what the sim instructor meant last recurrent...:wink:

Seriously...I appreciate your predicament and applaud your decision to take the time to get it right.  Now that I've moved to the left seat of the 767 this is how I scratch my "Whale" itch.  QOTSII blew me away with its attention to detail and I look forward to its implementation in v4.

David Rosenblum

former -400/-8 FO

• Upvote 2

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals

58 minutes ago, warbirds said:

And that is why I am returning v4 and sticking with v3. Looks the same to me and runs worse so why not?

YMMV.

p3dv4 is a marked improvement in performance for me and will kill those pervasive oom errors that ruin my fun

• Upvote 4

spacer.png

It's ok, my new Win 10 setup with the P3dv4 activated and the ORbx Global, and LCs and trees all downloaded and installed has crashed. Yup.. I am unable to boot into my Win 10 P3dv4 system.  : (  I need to send a note to LM to reactivate my consumed license.. not sure what I need to do with Orbx.

I am not ready for another week or so! 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

Thanks for the good laugh :-)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

Good laugh... joke of the day! :biggrin:

• Upvote 4

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

27 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Thanks for the good laugh :-)

Glad I could brighten your day and appreciate your deep concern for those of us that are having problems getting V4 to run correctly. 

Never had an Ohm in V3 with the new 747 and going from complex airport to complex airport. I am also open to suggestions on how to fix V4 so I can enjoy it but if you would rather reply with immature thoughts than go right ahead.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Well. Don't get me wrong. Do whatever you think is the best for you. But saying that v4 has nothing to offer is just plain ridiculous. 

• Upvote 2

If it does not work for me than V4 has nothing to offer for me. Ok ready for another of your very informative replies. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

8 minutes ago, warbirds said:

If it does not work for me than V4 has nothing to offer for me. Ok ready for another of your very informative replies. 

It would be great if you could elaborate on what doesn't work, or how it runs "worse" than v3.  Saying "going back to v3 because it runs better" doesn't give us information to try give you suggestions on what to do.