Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bell206freak

Where can I find the best Helo for FS9???

I'm looking for the best FS2k4 Helo around (FDE, Avionics, interactive VC, etc). :-hah Aerosoft's Seahawk looks like it's it but I hope there's others around (I usually fly fixed wings)...Thanks... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I DON'T know the answer to your question. I would love to fly a Helicopter in FS9, and I try FREQUENTLY. However, I can take off and fly....but I cannot LAND. I crash every time and I go up in a ball of flames.Please, someone, tell me how to LAND these things. I have been doing FS for many years, and I do very...very well with planes, but I cannot land a helicopter.

:-lol I'm having the same problem...They can't be this hard to land in real life...

FS2020 

The aerosoft seahawk has a great VC, but the airfile is reworked and unrealistic (dumbed down), Many airfiles are all based on the default 206 with some tweaks. It's the best to start and pratice on. I like Owens 206, better than the default and with a great VC.Best VC is without a doubt (IMO) the nemeth Ec-120 and best systems modeling in the DoDo sim payware with the HC 412 coming in second.Practice, practice, practice, LOL Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

There is a front page news item here at avsim regarding Bear's tribute to FS9. Hop over to the screenshot forum to see what he itemized as 20 helos he reckons are the best.Cheers!Graham

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

While you are on that site pick up Jordan Moore's Bell 412 which he has just completed. It has a realistic start sequence and flies much like the real thing.

Guest Calb

May I suggest a visit to http://members.shaw.ca/hoversafe/Hoversafe.htmIf you're willing to put some time and effort into it (as in the real world), I think our program will help.We're small but effective with over 6 years of experience in helping people learn to fly the FS helicopter.Cal (CYXX)

Michael can you give me some web links to the aircraft you mentioned here??? :-)

FS2020 

Guest TPT82

I highly recommend the DoDo Sim Advanced Real Start Bell 206B. I purchased it and love itl. It boasts an ultra realistic start up sequence. If you do not follow the checklist and start by the numbers you will fry the turbine and have to reset. It models all kinds of ugly realistic aerodynamic conditions, such as: Vortex Ring State, Loss of Tailrotor Effectivness, etc... I am not a helecopter pilot, so I cannot say for a fact how realistic the flight model is. However, I will say that I am convinced of it's accuracy.On the downside, if you live outside of Europe, the exchange rate makes the price a little steep. Also you will have to read the manual. You will have to reconfigure FS a little. The manual walks you through everything. You can download the manual here and make your decision: http://www.dodosim.com/enthus.html.Disclaimer: I am not associated with the developers in any way, shape, or form. I am just an enthusiastic, satisfied customer :9.If you have any questions, I will attempt to answer them. Good luck in your search.Nick:

Thanks so much guys for the help... :-beerchug It seems the default Bell has a great FDE if you have the MS Sidewinder in combination with CH's USB Peddles...I'm looking into all the Helo's suggested... :-wave Can someone please post some screenshots of the DoDo verions (Exterior/VC)???

FS2020 

I just found the best freeware Helo around (even Dodo is using it)....Owen Hewitt/FSD's rehash of the default Bell 206 located mostly on Flightsim.com. All the repaints available are awesome. I always thought that the default 206 had a decent air file but Owen's updates take it over the top. He redid the VC and external visual model and also added a TV Cam version for news Helicopters.I think I've found all I'm looking for with his model and it's freeware!!! It's cool Dodo is using Owen's model so most diffidently I'll have to check theirs out (I hope they added realistic VC night lighting because Owen's freeware version has the default lighting and Dodo is charging money for theirs). After playing around I found Hovercontrol's 412 lacking in many areas (Night time VC lighting, FDE, etc). Too much collective and the 412 yaws back and forth uncontrollably...Thanks again for the help guys; it looks like Owen has done the best models in FS2k4... :-)

FS2020 

Guest allcott

Speakng of Nemeth Brothers I can also recommend their Mil Mi-2 and Mi-17 helos. The bigger Mi-17 is more of a handful to fly but both have full systems modelling, brilliant external models and loads of repaints floating (hovering) around.I don't have the Mil Mi-24 from the same team but that also has a solid rep, apart from landing, so it's probably best to get your skills up on something else first!The trouble with helos in FS is unless you're doing something specific with them they're not really much good as VFR platforms (too busy flying the things) don't have the speed to cover the ground and really don't like IFR at all. Huge fun for a bimble around the airfield though!:)Allcott