Sign in to follow this  
bic

v4 same tweaks as v3?

Are the same tweaks relevant to v4 as v3 such as affinitymask, nvidia verus P3D settings etc..?  Is the v3 guide still relevant?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Interesting question, I was wondering if there would be a reason to tweak.  Somehow I expect not.

I have V4 running without tweaks and its blazing along, so don't see need for anything....my sliders are maxed out.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Yep, it does run pretty darn good.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

There is no reason to tweak at this point.  Out of curiosity I did test the same affinity mask and FFTF tweaks that I have in v3, and they either did not make a noticeable improvement or actually (in the case of affinity mask) made things worse.

IMO the in-sim sliders are all most users should need.

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

To be honest, there was very little reason, if any, really to tweak V3 if you were running an i7-4770K or better - though I know a lot of people thought there was, however myself and several devs did some serious eval on it and eventually ran without tweaks at all. With V4, I don't believe there will be much of any reason to tweak.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Well, well, well.. Should we say our hobby of "tweaking" is gone? Humm.. looks like it.  Almost 16 years of 80% tweaking/ 30% flying could have finally come to past, eh? Could be.

Just FYI: The single best tweak I have seen until now for owners of high end GPUs is:

TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9 under TERRAIN

So V4 uses your VRAM :-)

6 hours ago, swiesma said:

Just FYI: The single best tweak I have seen until now for owners of high end GPUs is:

TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9 under TERRAIN

So V4 uses your VRAM :-)

What does that tweak actually do?

Im using af mask 116 smooth

Apart from autogen pop up here and there