Sign in to follow this  
flyaway719

pmdg ngx

AS most of us are excited about prepar3d v4 going 64bit and we were limited to 4gb for so many years and now it is 128gb memory. The possibility are are almost endless. I seen the list as how PMDG is going to update there products. I was kind of disappointed that the NGX was put at the bottom of the list. This is my own opinion. I was kind of disappointed that I paid for 777 for FSX. And to find out I would haft to pay additional $134.00 for prepar3d version and i will not pay twice for the same plane without discount. So that one is off my list. I gladly paid the $134.00 for the 747 because of timing of prepar3d And new it would be an outstanding product.  And without doubt PMDG is the best product everyone knows that. But in my opinion they dropped the ball on this one knowing that prepar was going 64bit. And waited till release. please don't miss-understand I will be a continual as a loyal costumer because of the great products you make for flight simulation.  I think that your costumer service could be a little more costumer friendly being that as costumers we stand behind you as the best on the market. But at times we haft to say they are a little more proud of there products than there costumers that advertise for them to say if you want the best payware in the market you are it. Please move Ngx farther up the list if possible This was the product that put you over the top.             

Steve, I think in fairness to PMDG...and other FS developers, they had no idea what LM was doing and what code was used in what locations etc. They had to wait, just like us, until P3dv4 was released to determine what coding was required for their products. While it may sound simple to just allow the code to accept greater memory...coupling code to memory variables is very open ended with lots of blind alleys and refresh points, but open doors not thought about, causing potential chaos and general instability. All our machines are slightly different. Getting the code right to fit the vast range of our machine variables is not that simple.

As for your other comments, while many users have an opinion or issues, Robert has said numerous times, commercial decisions are his and are not negotiable, and not for discussion. 

Geoff Bryce

It made perfect sense to update their most recent products first. We should be greatfull - the NGX was released long enough ago that they could have kept P3Dv4 compatibility for a new release NGX v3 if they wanted to.

Steve,

Thank you for your opinion.  The NGX is indeed a well loved and popular product of ours, but no less so than the 777 and 747.  I'm sorry it brings you so much pain to have to wait the 7-10 days it will take us to have that product out the door also, but after nearly three months of 15+ hours days for nearly every member of the team as we work to convert our product line to make it compatible with Prepar3D v4, this is just as fast as we can go.

You seem to be under the impression that we have been lazing around doing nothing, waiting on Lockheed Martin.  How I wish this had been the case.  To the contrary, we have been working 15h/7d since early march to get these products ready for testing. (and this after nearly a year of the same to get the 747 completed.)

The detail you seem to have missed is that our testing teams can only digest so much at one time...  It does no good for the cook to put all three meals on the table at one time if the customers can only eat a certain pace, wouldn't you say?

So again, I'm terribly sorry for making you wait a few days for the NGX.  It will be here before you know it.

(And if I can convince the team to work without sleep- we can probably improve productivity that much more!)

• Upvote 4

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Robert,

I have bought the 737 and 777 for FSX and then again when I moved to Prepar3d. When the 747 arrived it was a first day purchase again.

For the cost of these products I have had hundreds of hours of enjoyment flying them around the world, which for cost of the products is way less than a dollar per hour. Where else would you get that kind of value?

My thanks to you and your teams efforts in getting this update out as fast as you have and I look forward to the others when they arrive.

Unfortunately we are now living in a world of I want this now and for free. Good products such as yours are worth the wait and the price.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, anzac1977 said:

Good products such as yours are worth the wait and the price.

Totally agree here. 

PMDG has always been fair, honest, and upfront about their aircraft development. This does not go unnoticed, and as a result they have a very loyal following. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for other developers out there. One in particular has been so nasty and rude to its customers on another forum cocerning v4 compatability and pricing, that I will no longer buy another product from them. It's a shame because they created some nice software. PMDG creates the best aircraft out there, and if you want the best you've gotta pay for it. I'm happy to do it, without discount because (refer to first sentence). 

5 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Steve,

Thank you for your opinion.  The NGX is indeed a well loved and popular product of ours, but no less so than the 777 and 747.  I'm sorry it brings you so much pain to have to wait the 7-10 days it will take us to have that product out the door also, but after nearly three months of 15+ hours days for nearly every member of the team as we work to convert our product line to make it compatible with Prepar3D v4, this is just as fast as we can go.

You seem to be under the impression that we have been lazing around doing nothing, waiting on Lockheed Martin.  How I wish this had been the case.  To the contrary, we have been working 15h/7d since early march to get these products ready for testing. (and this after nearly a year of the same to get the 747 completed.)

The detail you seem to have missed is that our testing teams can only digest so much at one time...  It does no good for the cook to put all three meals on the table at one time if the customers can only eat a certain pace, wouldn't you say?

So again, I'm terribly sorry for making you wait a few days for the NGX.  It will be here before you know it.

(And if I can convince the team to work without sleep- we can probably improve productivity that much more!)

Thanks for your teams dedication to swiftly get these working in v4! I think the speed in which you have delivered the 747 to v4 is superb in all honesty, and the road map for the others is also spot on! GOOD JOB! 

Now - hopefully the work will begin to get at least one of the big three in to XP11 :p 

Keep up the good work

Regards

• Upvote 1

PMDG released their first product for P3D V4 just after 4 days V4 went online. This should be the fastest move in the flight sim community. I mean their efficiency is unbelievable impressive. They are also the first airliner developer who released their products in the just extremely short period. I think their products deserved every penny.

• Upvote 1

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

3 hours ago, Harvgordon said:

PMDG released their first product for P3D V4 just after 4 days V4 went online. This should be the fastest move in the flight sim community.

I assume you're talking strictly about planes here. I believe FSDreamteam got their scenery compatible for P3D V4 the same day, if not the day after, V4 became available.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

9 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Steve,

For what it's worth, P3D isn't P3D without PMDG aircraft, and the 737 is the one that I tend to fly more than any other.  It's so smooth, so stable, so, well, delicious to fly.  I like the 777 just as much, but I fly more short than long-haul flights, so I have more time in the 737.  I am just as eager to jump into the 737 in v4 as everyone, but I'm also happy to continue using v3 until that day comes.  As I've been eagerly keeping tabs on the progress, and the tireless work that PMDG has done to roll these ac out as soon as possible, I've developed a lot of respect for the company and those who put together these incredible birds.  I've also gained a greater appreciation of what goes into making the transition into 64bit work and the commitment that PMDG, as well as other developers, have made to getting products to us.  It's hard to wait, this is like Christmas in June, but on the other hand, even if PMDG gave us the 777 and 737 to-day, Navigraph hasn't updated their software yet.  So, no current nav data will be available until they roll it out or someone comes up with a workaround. 

I have to keep reminding myself that v4 has been out for less than a week.  In that time, I have been able to get all of my old scenery, as well as the latest updates, in the new sim.  I have AS, I have UTLive, I have everything set and ready to go, and I've lost nothing in the transition.  That alone is remarkable.  I'm sure that in a couple weeks, I will be able to park v3 permanently and enjoy all that v4 has to offer.  Until then, I'd rather stick with a complete sim and keep flying.  Even after we do get the 737 and 777 into v4, then we still have to wait for the Airbuses and 717 to be made available, and the 787 should be coming down the line in the not too distant future.  Consequently, I've learned to accept that sacrifices will need to be made until that time comes.  Transitions can be painful and difficult to endure, especially for tube-liner junkies, but in the end, I'd rather have an aircraft that works in a sim that is fully ready to go.  Until then, I'll limp along in v3 and continue to cobble together v4.

I'm a writer, researcher, scientist and Internet marketer, and I can tell you first hand that there is only so much I can process in any given day.  Let's give these folks time to breathe, and in the meantime, keep flying.

John

4 hours ago, Davidrebolton said:

Thanks for your teams dedication to swiftly get these working in v4! I think the speed in which you have delivered the 747 to v4 is superb in all honesty, and the road map for the others is also spot on! GOOD JOB! 

Now - hopefully the work will begin to get at least one of the big three in to XP11 :p 

Keep up the good work

Regards

I agree.  XP is unflyable for me because of the lack of good tubeliners.  We've been spoiled with PMDG.