Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Got stutters with V4? Try this -

After days of adjusting this setting and that setting and getting fairly upset with V4 stutter I thought maybe it could be a refresh rate issue so I went into the Nvidia control panel refresh section and set rate from 60 to 59.

I was happy to see that most of my stutters were gone. I also set fps at 20 which also helps. 

So if you have stutters try different refresh rates and see how it goes. 

Also just changing the refresh rate for the game did not help,,it has to be universal and set in the Nvidia control panel. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks for the tip. Will try that later. I didn't have stutters that bad with v3. And like you I played a lot with settings. Definitely following this topic. 

How is it compared to using vsync at 30hz for example and locking your FPS at that value?  Things were always very smooth in V3 with those settings but I'm struggling to replicate that in V4.  I'll try doing that when I get home.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

6 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

How is it compared to using vsync at 30hz for example and locking your FPS at that value?  Things were always very smooth in V3 with those settings but I'm struggling to replicate that in V4.  I'll try doing that when I get home.

Locking my frames inside P3Dv4 gives me stutters. 30hz refresh rate, Vsync and frames set to unlimited are giving me a very smooth experience.

• Upvote 2

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

2 minutes ago, laserit said:

Locking my frames inside P3Dv4 gives me stutters. 30hz refresh rate, Vsync and frames set to unlimited are giving me a very smooth experience.

It's weird that I'm having the opposite experience.  With unlimited my FPS jump quite a bit and I get blurries, vs. locked I get a much better experience.  But, when my GPU load hits 100%, my FPS drop and I get stutters since I can't maintain the refresh rate on my monitor.  

You really should try 59 refresh if your monitor is 60 refresh. I tried the 30 refresh trick and made windows and V4 sluggish. It is so simple and easy to try.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 minute ago, sfgiants13 said:

It's weird that I'm having the opposite experience.  With unlimited my FPS jump quite a bit and I get blurries, vs. locked I get a much better experience.  But, when my GPU load hits 100%, my FPS drop and I get stutters since I can't maintain the refresh rate on my monitor.  

When I'm Vsync'd at 30hz my frames don't go past 30. My gpu is a 1080 and I'm using a 4k 60hz TV. At first I was running at 60hz with Vsync and was achieving an average of about 45 fps (frames set to unlimited). I was pretty happy with the smoothness but occasionally I would get a microstutter. I tried limiting the frames to 30 and the results were terrible. I then set my TV to 30hz, Vsync and unlimited frames and the results were awesome. I tried limiting the frames at 30 to see the effects and it induced stutters like before.

For me, that seems to be the sweet spot.

We have to remember that if we're pushing close to the limits of our systems, were going to get some stutters. I loaded up Orbx  SoCal and took off from KLAX and my frames were jumping around between 17-30 with stutters here and there. My gpu was performing to the limits of its ability.

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

This is why my 25HZ 4K 55", VSYNC on, and unlimited fps is so good with GTX970 and sometimes 2 of them.

It does not push the cards over the edge

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

30 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

This is why my 25HZ 4K 55", VSYNC on, and unlimited fps is so good with GTX970 and sometimes 2 of them.

It does not push the cards over the edge

Michael Moe

Do you have an issue with blurries?  That's what I did for a while but couldn't get rid of blurries unless I locked it at 1 FPS over the refresh rate.  At least in V3.  I'm still testing in V4 but it seems similar but I'm also trying to reduce the load on my GPU so the jury is still out on how the sim will react once I do that.

3 hours ago, laserit said:

but at 30hz your mouse looks disgustingly laggy lol

P3Dv4 needs its own tweak Guide! :)

Yes.. I had stutters and Photoscenery needs its own settings.. not sure what is good for that.

I also noticed that the Affinity mask is not working in V4. Could someone else confirm this please

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Wow, v4 and still stutters, that's too bad.

Tony

5 hours ago, warbirds said:

After days of adjusting this setting and that setting and getting fairly upset with V4 stutter I thought maybe it could be a refresh rate issue so I went into the Nvidia control panel refresh section and set rate from 60 to 59.

I was happy to see that most of my stutters were gone. I also set fps at 20 which also helps. 

So if you have stutters try different refresh rates and see how it goes. 

Also just changing the refresh rate for the game did not help,,it has to be universal and set in the Nvidia control panel. 

I am using surround view with 3 X 24" monitor and I have only one choice 60 Hz as the refresh rate

Manny

Mods, might as well close this thread as no one is really interested in even trying my simple fix. 

• Upvote 1

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hey Paul, I tried...but I am unable to change my 60hz to anything else..Hmmmm

Manny