Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Got stutters with V4? Try this -

I have 3 monitors but only one is changeable to 59hz.

Darcy

You can try to manually adjust it to 59. I am just testing that. 20 fps limit way too low IMHO though. 

Ok, tested, no impact on stutters for me at all. Setting to 30hz with vsync works better for me. However, as always, YMMV.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hans

I tried something that made a huge difference for me. I disabled high definition terrain texture ( or something lke that). I run unlimited fps, vsync and triple buffering on. My monitor runs at 60hz. Flying at default starting point with default aircraft with UTX, FTX global and OpenLc NA and it's running smooth as silk and never goes below 60. Obviously not going to be the case at detailed airport with a PMDG plane and Activesky running, but I guess it's a starting point to experiment with. If I enable that high def texture setting, stutterfest again. My other settings are on the high side, except no traffic whatsoever. 

10 hours ago, laserit said:

Locking my frames inside P3Dv4 gives me stutters. 30hz refresh rate, Vsync and frames set to unlimited are giving me a very smooth experience.

+1 same here

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

How does one set refresh rate?  I see no way to do that in nVidia Control Panel.

Edit: Never mind.  Google is my friend.  

I am sick of setting my 970 to  60htz!,what I want to know is how to keep it set  at 60htz it seems to reset itself to 59htz every time I turn my PC on, and why close a thread when you have sparked two pages of interest on the subject?

Peter

14 hours ago, Griphos said:

How does one set refresh rate?  I see no way to do that in nVidia Control Panel.

Edit: Never mind.  Google is my friend.  

Refresh rate is a function of your monitor or in my case TV so you have to look into your monitor menu and/or setup manual to set the refresh rates it is potentially capable of and in some cases where to plug in the video cables in the back.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

On 6/3/2017 at 0:52 PM, Michael Moe said:

This is why my 25HZ 4K 55", VSYNC on, and unlimited fps is so good with GTX970 and sometimes 2 of them.

It does not push the cards over the edge

Michael Moe

I have a i7 6700k running at 4.0ghz (stock) and a gtx 970 with 4gb of memory but my sim has terrible stutters. 

I've basically had to turn down my settings to sparse for most things. Here they are:

Any suggestions on what I should do? 

(I have Fiber_Frame_Time_Fraction set to 0.01 but that still didnt work, also I have my sim running with an affinity mask so it leaves the first core out for system tasks)

I've heard from many people that dynamic lighting also makes the sim take a big hit but even when turning it off the stutters re-appear. Also, dynamic lighting is a must for me since i like night time flying

edit: I wanna try the 59hz fix but wouldn't that cause permanent damage to your monitor if it doesn't support it? I have a 1080p monitor running at 60hz. How can I check if it is supported? Or is it just that since it already supports 60hz it will support anything lower?

edit 2: I tried the 59hz set-up but the stutters still came. 

6 hours ago, Feddy246 said:

I have a i7 6700k running at 4.0ghz (stock) and a gtx 970 with 4gb of memory but my sim has terrible stutters. 

I've basically had to turn down my settings to sparse for most things. Here they are:

Any suggestions on what I should do? 

(I have Fiber_Frame_Time_Fraction set to 0.01 but that still didnt work, also I have my sim running with an affinity mask so it leaves the first core out for system tasks)

I've heard from many people that dynamic lighting also makes the sim take a big hit but even when turning it off the stutters re-appear. Also, dynamic lighting is a must for me since i like night time flying

edit: I wanna try the 59hz fix but wouldn't that cause permanent damage to your monitor if it doesn't support it? I have a 1080p monitor running at 60hz. How can I check if it is supported? Or is it just that since it already supports 60hz it will support anything lower?

edit 2: I tried the 59hz set-up but the stutters still came. 

Have a look in Nvidia Controlpanel under Monitor. You cant change resolution and HZ if your monitor supports it. I am having a mega smooth experience with 25HZ /4K SLI GTX970 and No blurries with textbandmult =70

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks Paul, it appears to work. Didn't know I had a refresh rate of 59 but there it was. It has certainly made it a lot smoother in the turns when these micro stutters are the worse. Thanks for posting this

Cheers

Nelson

On 6/12/2017 at 1:41 AM, Michael Moe said:

Have a look in Nvidia Controlpanel under Monitor. You cant change resolution and HZ if your monitor supports it. I am having a mega smooth experience with 25HZ /4K SLI GTX970 and No blurries with textbandmult =70

Thanks Michael Moe 

25 frames is too low for my liking, I'd go or a minimum of 35. What's better? locking my frames from within p3d or locking them from nvidia inspector? (I want a monitor refresh rate of 60hz).

Best thing is not to limit frames ever.  Think race car engine.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On Saturday, June 03, 2017 at 4:40 PM, warbirds said:

Mods, might as well close this thread as no one is really interested in even trying my simple fix. 

Well I would say a lot of us tire of the fps limit or not debate.  Ymmv.

spacer.png

On 2017-6-12 at 7:41 AM, Michael Moe said:

Thanks Michael Moe 

Your not using chaseplane are you Michael??  

14ppkc-6.png

On 6/4/2017 at 3:19 AM, joepoway said:

+1 same here

+2 - same here!

For the first time, I have absolutely stuffer-free experience in Prepar3D V4. Was never possible with Prepar3D V3.X.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471