Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Got stutters with V4? Try this -

The 59 setting is something that started way back when people started using the TripleHead2Go (TH2G) setup for 3-wide monitor configurations.  One GPU plugged into a 3-way converter that had 3 connections, one for each monitor.  Especially on the Digital TH2G, setting the refresh rate to 59 instead of the default 60 Hz worked wonders.  I used it for many years on a 24" 3-wide monitor setup.  But that was when almost all monitors were only capable of 60 Hz maximum.  Obviously, for some setups even today, it may help some people.  But as mentioned already, if you are using a144 Hz 4K monitor, why would you even WANT to do it?  Something else is wrong with your setup if you need to reduce a 4K monitor, or non-60Hz one, to a 59 Hz refresh rate. 

Rick Ryan

On 20/10/2017 at 1:34 AM, Anxu00 said:

What's your PC spec?  What scenery add-on you are using and what plane?  I would suggest this procedure: start with default sim and your favorite plane, check if there are stutters, if not add one add-on at a time, check.  Repeat this process and simply not using add-on that causes issues.  I found ORBX stuffs to cause the most stutters, try disable them first, but the best approach is what I described.  It is painful, but it works, if a smooth flight experience is what you are after.  The original poster found something that is working well for his combination of HW and add-ons, but there is no warranty that it will work for everyone else.  I found that P3D franchise suffers permanently from this microstuttering phenomenon.  Some people simply ignore it, others can't.  On very powerful machine, it will be reduced significantly but it's there if you look.

Hi, I have a 3700k @ 4.5 GHz, 16 gig 2133 MHz ram, 3 Samsung SSD, 250 gig for op system & scenery 500 gig for P3D, EVGA classified 780 gpu. I get the same stutter with totally default everything & with add ons. It has done it from the first install.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

6 hours ago, sleightflight said:

Hi, I have a 3700k @ 4.5 GHz, 16 gig 2133 MHz ram, 3 Samsung SSD, 250 gig for op system & scenery 500 gig for P3D, EVGA classified 780 gpu. I get the same stutter with totally default everything & with add ons. It has done it from the first install.

Your PC spec is decent.  Start with a sim without add-on, use the default following Rob A. Prepare3D guide from this site.  Do you have stutters? Next start with one airplane add-on at a time, check.  If none of your airplanes that you fly have stutters, then start adding scenery add-on, check again.  I have no idea what setting you tried so following the guide is your best bet. I used to be a scenery add-on junkie but now I fly with mostly default airports and stay with only add-on that I test thoroughly for issue before I use it.  I still have stutters, but it much less in my face, and is something I can ignore.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Ok, I will have a go with the recommendation. I don't hold out much hope as it was stuttery with no add ons. I tried the same settings as V3.4 + lowering and raising the settings. Nothing got rid of the stutters. Oddly both Nvidia control panel and I Spector only show 1 P3D exe, being black icon for V4. Even if I manually add V3.4 icon when I go back the blue V3.4 icon has gone. V3.4 runs nicely V4.1 doesn't even though the cpu core utilisation is really good.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Hello All,

I have these stutter problems randomly.

After many adjustments i found that if i start the sim with "high_res_terrain_textures=1", then stutters will never be eliminated.

I have to start with the setting disabled in the config file, run the sim and it will be smooth. while in the sim enabling the setting is also ok, without initiating the stutters.

However once i exit the sim, i must ensure to reset to disabled before restarting the sim.

this is my experience with P3Dv4.

hope it helps those with similar situation and setup as mine.

thanks.

I try this and it seems smoother....the pan view seems to move choppy as always with a PMDG 747 and on heavy scenery with mayor thunderstorm....but the outside seems to flow nicely

What would be "the science" behind this tweak? I mean, the only way to get really smooth experience is to have more FPS than your monitor refresh rate, so for 60Hz monitors it would be 60FPS+, for 30Hz monitors it would be 30FPS+. In what situation would 59Hz benefit over 60Hz except if you get like 59FPS instead of 60FPS?

44 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

What would be "the science" behind this tweak? I mean, the only way to get really smooth experience is to have more FPS than your monitor refresh rate, so for 60Hz monitors it would be 60FPS+, for 30Hz monitors it would be 30FPS+. In what situation would 59Hz benefit over 60Hz except if you get like 59FPS instead of 60FPS?

I think some "60HZ" TV´s is not really a 100% 60HZ TV/Monitor . Sometimes 59HZ is actually closer to the actually refreshrate

Thanks 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

18 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

I think some "60HZ" TV´s is not really a 100% 60HZ TV/Monitor . Sometimes 59HZ is actually closer to the actually refreshrate

Makes sense.

What kind of monitor do you have?

4 hours ago, 0Artur0 said:

Makes sense.

What kind of monitor do you have?

I use a 49"4K but running it unlimited and 25 HZ. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On 10/28/2017 at 1:33 PM, SattarOthman said:

Hello All,

I have these stutter problems randomly.

After many adjustments i found that if i start the sim with "high_res_terrain_textures=1", then stutters will never be eliminated.

I have to start with the setting disabled in the config file, run the sim and it will be smooth. while in the sim enabling the setting is also ok, without initiating the stutters.

However once i exit the sim, i must ensure to reset to disabled before restarting the sim.

this is my experience with P3Dv4.

hope it helps those with similar situation and setup as mine.

thanks.

What you are doing makes that setting redundant.

If you disable that setting in the config file and start the sim, it doesn't matter if you enable the option again in game, as it requires a restart to take effect!

So essentially you have been flying with High Res Terrain Textures off even though you think it's on, hence the placebo effect of no stutters.

Edited by RancidViper

i totally got confuse now on what is the right way to lock frame rate.

i know lot of users lock it because of the blurriness, 

does anyone know to explain what is exactly VSYNC and triple buffering doing?