Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Got stutters with V4? Try this -

1 hour ago, tooting said:

Your not using chaseplane are you Michael??  

I am now yes with V4

EZCA2 on V3

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On 3.6.2017 at 4:53 PM, warbirds said:

So if you have stutters try different refresh rates and see how it goes

Thanks for that hint! I tried RR 59 and am running a pretty smooth sim now on my i7 6700k @ 4.0, GTX1070, 1080p.

Before I was seriously considering a refund, lol. I am a bit tired of all the tweaking.

Regards, Perry

On 3.6.2017 at 4:53 PM, warbirds said:

...so I went into the Nvidia control panel refresh section and set rate from 60 to 59.

30 Hz refresh rate, "vsync" and "triple buffer" ON with Frames not limited -that's what makes v3 and v4 absolutely smooth - as long as my machine delivers more than 30 Frames/sec. As soon as the Framerate drops, I get ugly stutters. So I tried your solution. It is not as smooth as the 30/30 setting, but by far the smoothest I can run on my rig down to 19 Frames/sec. So it might be the best setting for heavy scenery/aircraft combinations. Thanks for the hint.

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

I have issues with affinitymask=84. Stutters at FSDT airports. Anyone any solutions?

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

On 6/3/2017 at 9:40 PM, warbirds said:

Mods, might as well close this thread as no one is really interested in even trying my simple fix. 

I have just installed P3D V4 and in the middle of trying to sort stutters , so I will definitely try your suggestion Paul and let you know the outcome. However, cam you expand on this ... 'Also just changing the refresh rate for the game did not help,it has to be universal and set in the Nvidia control panel.' What refresh for the game?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

On 17.6.2017 at 1:33 PM, Piotr007 said:

I have issues with affinitymask=84. Stutters at FSDT airports. Anyone any solutions?

The best solution will be to alter the AM setting or remove it completely if you have problems with it.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

OK, I have had a quite an interesting time tweaking the refresh rates of the monitor. Following on from Paul's suggestion, the OP, I've tried 29, 30, 35 and 60 without a great amount of success. However, for some reason, I found creating a customised refresh rate of 40 and locking frames in P3D V4 to 42 with Vsync off outside P3D but switched on in P3D had made a big improvement.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Means you found your sweetspot... Nothing more and nothing less. Unlikely that any other rig will behave exactly the same. In my case for example, my monitor has a refresh rate of 144Hz, not 60. And I am certainly not going to limit my monitor to 40Hz or less, this ruins my eyes...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Just a heads up - If anyone is interested in having a hot key for changing the monitor resolution you can goto this link for a free ( accepts donations ) app that changes the resolution with hotkeys you set up yourself. 

https://funk.eu/hrc/

My rig is pretty smooth also @59Hz Unlimited / No VSync with 1080ti.

6 minutes ago, Tony P said:

Just a heads up - If anyone is interested in having a hot key for changing the monitor resolution you can goto this link for a free ( accepts donations ) app that changes the resolution with hotkeys you set up yourself. 

https://funk.eu/hrc/

My rig is pretty smooth also @59Hz Unlimited / No VSync with 1080ti.

Hmm, that is very interesting. Thanks

Howard

On 04/06/2017 at 7:16 AM, hjsmuc said:

You can try to manually adjust it to 59. I am just testing that. 20 fps limit way too low IMHO though. 

Ok, tested, no impact on stutters for me at all. Setting to 30hz with vsync works better for me. However, as always, YMMV.

Thanks for the heads up.

Wow, just tried it. I have the same setup, 3x 24" Monitors. I was able to chnage the refresh rate using HRC. https://funk.eu/hrc/

I just recently moved from V3.4 to V4 and have had micro stutters and came across this thread. I will definitely try 59 Hz refresh rate. Thanks.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Mmm. It made no difference on my pc. My frames are jumping all over the place, even down to 8 FPS here & there. I've tried turning settings down / up & in the middle, it makes no difference.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

What's your PC spec?  What scenery add-on you are using and what plane?  I would suggest this procedure: start with default sim and your favorite plane, check if there are stutters, if not add one add-on at a time, check.  Repeat this process and simply not using add-on that causes issues.  I found ORBX stuffs to cause the most stutters, try disable them first, but the best approach is what I described.  It is painful, but it works, if a smooth flight experience is what you are after.  The original poster found something that is working well for his combination of HW and add-ons, but there is no warranty that it will work for everyone else.  I found that P3D franchise suffers permanently from this microstuttering phenomenon.  Some people simply ignore it, others can't.  On very powerful machine, it will be reduced significantly but it's there if you look.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

On 6/4/2017 at 0:53 AM, warbirds said:

After days of adjusting this setting and that setting and getting fairly upset with V4 stutter I thought maybe it could be a refresh rate issue so I went into the Nvidia control panel refresh section and set rate from 60 to 59.

I was happy to see that most of my stutters were gone. I also set fps at 20 which also helps. 

So if you have stutters try different refresh rates and see how it goes. 

Also just changing the refresh rate for the game did not help,,it has to be universal and set in the Nvidia control panel. 

Worth a try for some screens but I suspect the change to 20Hz was the big factor in your improved visuals.

The difference between 59 and 60Hz exists solely for NTSC IIRC it locks at 59.94 FPS. Some monitors screens can't recognise the sync so that is why they have the capability to  select 59 or 60 I could be wrong but it should not make a difference on a PC monitor maybe on a 4k TV where Pal is 60HZ and NTSC is 59.94 they (the TV industry) needed a different number and they had to pick 59. Happy to be corrected on my understanding of it.

Cheers

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server