Sign in to follow this  
kiwi_biplane

P3Dv4 and Lotus Sim. L-39 - a masterpiece that does not die

Anyone know if the Lotus VC window fogging/icing effect shows up in P3DV4?

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:17 AM, kiwi_biplane said:

Thank you, guys!

I did not use the installer. I have saved files from the FSX that I manually transferred to the appropriate folders of the new simulator.

May I ask, which files should be transferred over, besides the obvious ones that should be transferred over to Simobjects\Airplanes? 

Thank you.

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

On 9/4/2017 at 12:50 AM, gboz said:

Anyone know if the Lotus VC window fogging/icing effect shows up in P3DV4?

Thanks,

gb.

Oh yes!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I can't remember quite what's in HERE Stewart but there's everything you need. Included is a 64bit sound file.

Just a quick reference back to the strobe lights. I did have a faff with them but gave up. I've learned to switch them off. Small price to pay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

I can't remember quite what's in HERE Stewart but there's everything you need. Included is a 64bit sound file.

Just a quick reference back to the strobe lights. I did have a faff with them but gave up. I've learned to switch them off. Small price to pay.

Thank you, Ron.  Appreciate your time and trouble.  These files should work nicely!  The only one I wouldn't have guessed was the Effects folder.

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

On 6/11/2018 at 1:21 PM, Ron Attwood said:

Thanks Ron

It worked very well !

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

48 minutes ago, joepoway said:

Thanks Ron

It worked very well !

Joe

I'm pleased. It's too nice to leave behind eh?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/11/2018 at 10:21 PM, Ron Attwood said:

Checking this old thread, I may add that Mike (the developper) told me some years back, on his now shut off forum, that the strobes are built into the model and there is nothing you can do to reposition them in P3D, except updating the mdl. And he was not ready to do it. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam