Sign in to follow this  
dal330200

Oddball Sceneries Working in P3Dv4

Here's a list of all of the oddball sceneries that I've been able to get to work in P3D v4 with their default installers or the migration tool.  I didn't do anything with folders or changing files.  These are all "out of the box" installs:

Latinvfr: MIA, SAN, RDU, TJSJ, SNA- Everything works but the autogen buildings surrounding the airports have black walls and normal roofs.  RDU looks great, all buildings seem fine, but there is an option to turn off surrounding autogen in the installer, and I used it.  I can deal with the funny buildings until they come out with their v4 versions. 

Tropicalsim:  MCI, DCA-  Loads and seems to work fine.

SXAD: BNA, no problem if using the LP folder instead of the HP one- I could never figure out the difference, but the HP in v4 gave me a CTD.  LP fine.

Taxi2gate:  VHHH, KMCO, KSEA work fine.  SEA is by far my favorite addon scenery- maybe because I can see a coffee shop inside the terminal from the ramp.  VHHH is just fine, but I really wish they would update the scenery as the construction of the terminal is finished and the airport is undergoing another expansion.  But, it's still much better than the default.

WCI: Narita- Fine, no problems.

Performance:  All of the airports seem to do better in v4 than v3 performance-wise.  I have my sliders mostly to the far-right, except autogen stuff which is at high, and most of the water reflections are off.  I did not do a lot of day/night testing, so there may be issues with lighting that I don't know about yet.  I'm just happy that it looks like I won't need to sacrifice my route network as I ease into the new platform. 

Please don't ask me for tips, tricks, technical information, how-to's or anything else.  You can learn through trial and error or scour these forums for all that kind of info.  But, if anyone has been hesitant or curious about these sceneries, they all seem to be just fine so far.

Happy flying,

John

• Upvote 1

Curious myself about Sunskyjet's KPHL

and

SXAD Norfolk.

Also iBlueYonder Nantucket.

i can guinea pig them once i figure out how to do the add-on.xml

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Sunskyjet's KPHL works just fine.

Same with SXAD Norfolk

• Upvote 1

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

On 6/3/2017 at 2:32 PM, dal330200 said:

SXAD: BNA, no problem if using the LP folder instead of the HP one- I could never figure out the difference, but the HP in v4 gave me a CTD.  LP fine.

You're actually supposed to use both LP and HP in the scenery library with HP on top of LP.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

You're actually supposed to use both LP and HP in the scenery library with HP on top of LP.

Thanks for the info Greggy_D, I could never figure out the difference between them both. Must have missed that part in the manual.  I just fixed that in my libraries.  Hey, do you get taxi lights on yours?  I've never had them for KBNA, even with the hp\lp being installed as you suggested.  Still a nice scenery though.  Oddly enough, I end up using it more often than I would have imagined as it fits my route network nicely.

John

KPHL is a nice looking scenery, but something weird about purple texture at the airport when flying over it.  Thanks for reminding me to reinstall it.

John

12 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

KPHL is a nice looking scenery, but something weird about purple texture at the airport when flying over it.  Thanks for reminding me to reinstall it.

John

Yeah that happened when it moved to v3.4.   I can live with it.  Didn't test the flyover in v4 but i'm sure its the same. 

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

NY Airports and NYCity X 2 by Drzewiecki Design work.

Hi Folks,

RE: SSJ KPHL

Yeah - I think all the highway bridges are missing as well - noticed in v3... Truly wish this masterpiece would get a little love and attention for P3D...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I saw the big blue colored bridge but didn't notice the highway bridges. 

well its completely free from these guys so totally up to them about how much love they wanna show it.  Plus they are working on KDTW so i'm sure working on that before any fixes to KPHL. 

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

30 minutes ago, Brian Weinrich said:

NY Airports and NYCity X 2 by Drzewiecki Design work.

They are updating the NY airports in general and not just for v4.  They are updating them in quality, etc.  

• Upvote 1

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

31 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

They are updating the NY airports in general and not just for v4.  They are updating them in quality, etc.  

Here is a WIP thread: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYAirports_X.htm

Looks good - as a recent biz jet fan - truly waiting on a new Teterboro - the old one was a resource hog...

Can someone please include White Plains (KHPN) in a New York Airport mix ???

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hey Scott:

How about KMGJ Orange County Airport and resuming where you left off with FS9 (LOL)? I tried adding some items like signs on stock hangars and  all the warehouses going up but it is time consuming.  Still enjoy watching theGA planes fly over my house and I think I saw a Cessna Caravan go over the other day.  

Brian

• Upvote 1