Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

P3D v4 and SimAddons Updated Installers - Good News

Good news for us that have these airports. Ralph Eisenegger, the author had already made new installers for V4. Apparently there were a few adjustments required to make all the features work properly.

And better yet, the updates are mostly free for those that you own. I have the entire suite of all airports except he has two new ones I did not own, so buying the two new ones for Thunder Bay and Fredericton gave me the full package of all airports updated for V4 for free as I previously owned all the rest.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Hey Brian,

Did you have to contact him, or is it on his website.  I searched, but can't see any updates.  I have quite a few of his sceneries.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

It's not totally ready yet. Current customers are sent the new installers for testing. If you own the v3 versions, contact him to get access. 

29 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

Hey Brian,

Did you have to contact him, or is it on his website.  I searched, but can't see any updates.  I have quite a few of his sceneries.

You need to send him an email.

If you have bundles like I did the updates are free. But my bundles were purchased some time ago and the two new airports have been added so I had to buy those two to get the entire bundle, which is of course the best deal.

If you only want certain airports then you get those for free if you had them already.

21 minutes ago, flytrumpet767 said:

It's not totally ready yet. Current customers are sent the new installers for testing. If you own the v3 versions, contact him to get access. 

I seemed to indicate to me that it was ready to go. I'll see shortly I guess as I just paid for the two new airports so that I get the entire three bundle packages.

Near CAM3

2 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

You need to send him an email.

If you have bundles like I did the updates are free. But my bundles were purchased some time ago and the two new airports have been added so I had to buy those two to get the entire bundle, which is of course the best deal.

If you only want certain airports then you get those for free if you had them already.

I seemed to indicate to me that it was ready to go. I'll see shortly I guess as I just paid for the two new airports so that I get the entire three bundle packages.

It's definitely ready, but I think he wanted to make sure the installation was smooth before offering the packs to the wide public. I finished the install, but haven't checked them up yet. Lots of stuff to install in v4 these days. 

Just to confirm, I have received my new installers, they are available.

Near CAM3

Sorry, but it is not clear for me how to get updates for my Halifax airport purchased for FSX, and now I am using P3D V4.

Please clarify these good news !

20 minutes ago, Gilson said:

Sorry, but it is not clear for me how to get updates for my Halifax airport purchased for FSX, and now I am using P3D V4.

Please clarify these good news !

You need to contact Ralf for an upgrade price. Since you don't have P3D product.  Also I don't like the fact that I have to buy two new airports that I don't need to get the new installers.  Not sure what these few changes are as Ralf did not elaborate.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

On 6/3/2017 at 8:00 PM, flytrumpet767 said:

It's definitely ready, but I think he wanted to make sure the installation was smooth before offering the packs to the wide public. I finished the install, but haven't checked them up yet. Lots of stuff to install in v4 these days. 

Do the installer still install into P3D or use the new add-on.xml method?  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

27 minutes ago, Anxu00 said:

Do the installer still install into P3D or use the new add-on.xml method?  

It uses the old method.

1 hour ago, Anxu00 said:

You need to contact Ralf for an upgrade price. Since you don't have P3D product.  Also I don't like the fact that I have to buy two new airports that I don't need to get the new installers.  Not sure what these few changes are as Ralf did not elaborate.

You only need to buy the two new airports for those who have the entire "packages" of East, Central and West...as those bundles now include the new airports. So basically you get two really good airports (which I think are great) for the updated installers. I'm OK with that given that he is a one man show.

Near CAM3

4 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

So basically you get two really good airports (which I think are great) for the updated installers.

Good is relative.  I took a look at those two and I pass. The total price for both is 45.99, which to me is high for two regional airports.  Since the installers are still doing the old style install, what's the extra cost? If I decide to not getting the new airports?  My other beef with Simaddons is that the scenery complexity is not modifiable, I can lower the complexity slider to any setting than extreme and I still get extreme setting, so if I don't want the extra park cars to have better framerate, I cannot.  I asked the developer many times but there is no change on this policy.

Here is what I can get for CYQT at a reasonable price http://www.simforums.com/forums/xpresssim-thunder-bay-and-cyqt-released_topic57991.html

Vu Pham

Bought CYQT for p3d a short time ago but can't recall the website.

url please.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

Thanks for the answer, but I never had to contact him, and I don´t know how. Do anyone know his email or other contact ?