Sign in to follow this  
Bill_Browning

What a fluke!!

Guest Calb

Load up Google Earth. Then type in the co-ordinates 52 20 10.87n 0 11 43.34wWatch for the Lancaster to appear as you zoom toward the ground. What a fluke, eh?(I hope this hasn't been posted before -- if so, apologies.)Cal (CYXX)

Guest codrivermike

That is WEIRD. But why is it there? Is it "City of Lincoln" out on a flight? Is it the man from Google having a laugh?Secondly. I put my business name into the search. Not the full title, just the first part of my business name. And it zoomed right in on my house. Big Brother is out there.Thirdly. What is a Lancaster Bomber?It is a VERY nice beer. Never ask for a pint of it in a Berlin pub though.http://www.thwaitesbeers.co.uk/

>It is a VERY nice beer. Never ask for a pint of it in a Berlin pub though.What if you're extremely brave, or extremely stupid (often a fine line between the two anyway). Or just built like Arnold Shwartzeneger? :-hah----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest codrivermike

I wonder if there is a "Heinkel He111" lager available.

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

You having a laugh.......?

Guest codrivermike

I would have imagined that it is inevitable that inflight aircraft are captured. Looking at the resolution of some of the images and the fact that it would be impossible to check and edit each frame. I've just been looking at the photographs of my locality and trying to date them. Looking at an area close by that is currently being developed I would guess that the image was taken about 3 years ago.

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

In MegaScenery SoCal v1, you can see a 747 taking off from LAX, just crossing over the coastline :)

What's with Google Earth. Thought it was free, now get a screen wanting me to purchase it ????

Guest kurtj

What's with Google Earth. Thought it was free, now get a screen wanting me to purchase it ???? I checked the website out. Here is what is says under product info.Google Earth is Freeware.Google Earth Plus is $20Google Earth Pro is $400.Perhaps did you install the Google Earth Plus version by mistake?If you did install the plus there might have been a 7-14 day trial that you were using for free. Now that the time is up it probably is giving you this message. I am not sure though. Please let us know. Hope this helps.Sincerely,

Don't know what he was doing over Stukely - but at least he is on the right heading for base!John R

Will check that out. Thanks.Dave Hinson