Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

P3D V3 vs P3D V4 - Trees Issue

V3 is fully loaded with scenery including Orbx, Global, Vector and bazillions of airports AND Ultimate Terrain. Everything is correctly setup and working, scenery layers are correctly setup so that UT overrides Vector in the places it should.

V4 is installed, Orbx added for all that is available at this point, Open LC, Global, Regions AND HD TREES.

I installed UT using the new installers.  I have an issue with beaches nto showing up and am asking over at Sim Forums where its appropriate.

However, I don't understand the trees. Why have I got showing these lighter green trees. They are quite annoying. They appear to be part of the base V4. Yet I installed the Orbx HD trees? Can these be adjusted? I much prefer the V3 shown in my screenies.

P3Dv3

-2017-jun-3-002.md.jpg

P3DV4

-2017-jun-3-004.md.jpg

P3Dv3

-2017-jun-3-003.md.jpg

P3DV4

-2017-jun-3-005.md.jpg

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

48 minutes ago, awf said:

Disable the dynamic autogen in the option menu ;-)

Wow, that fixed it.  I had no idea what the tick box was for, seemed to me it should stay ticked.

Wish there was a manual to explain. The info box didn't help.

Thank you sir!

Near CAM3

As far as the beaches, I thought Vector handled those, and that hasn't been released yet for v4.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Just now, SolRayz said:

As far as the beaches, I thought Vector handled those, and that hasn't been released yet for v4.

Yes this is a Ultimate Terrain (Scenery Solutions) issue, which I have installed using their new installers. UT is vector scenery elements and also though includes many landclass features like beaches, in my view much better than Orbx's Vector. So I us it for the areas that it covers.

But for some reason my beaches are not showing in V4....yet they are fine in P3DV3.

Near CAM3

42 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Yes this is a Ultimate Terrain (Scenery Solutions) issue, which I have installed using their new installers. UT is vector scenery elements and also though includes many landclass features like beaches, in my view much better than Orbx's Vector. So I us it for the areas that it covers.

I thought ORBX and UT did not play together. I was possibly interested in getting GEX and UT but thought that you could not have GEX and/or UT along with Orbx. Is this the case or have they become able to reside together?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I'm using UTX USA just fine so far. Thinking of getting Europe as well!

- Aaron

3 minutes ago, MikeT707 said:

I thought ORBX and UT did not play together. I was possibly interested in getting GEX and UT but thought that you could not have GEX and/or UT along with Orbx. Is this the case or have they become able to reside together?

UT and Orbx play well with each other. Its important to get the scenery order correct so that for areas where UT covers (which is limited to US, Canada, Caribbean and Europe). The UT entries must be above Vector, this then means that its vector elements override those of Vector.

GEX is another beast, its the same thing as Orbx Global in that it impacts global textures. In fact Orbx Global and GEX occupy the same location in your scenery folders, you can only have one. And if you are using Orbx you must be 100% committed to using it. Its complicated but there are terrain,cfg entries and other lclookup values that means the two can not co exist. Personally GEX is now out dated in my view.

Near CAM3

3 minutes ago, slait said:

I'm using UTX USA just fine so far. Thinking of getting Europe as well!

I would encourage you to try it. The detail is finer, the landclass additions are superior, the configuration of roads, road casements, stream widths, etc etc are very good.

Near CAM3

I have the same issues..(light green trees everywhere. I have Orbx HD Trees installed. Are you referring to Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation (untick)..want to get it right.

Thanks,

Bob M.

Bob M

On 6/4/2017 at 0:43 AM, awf said:

Disable the dynamic autogen in the option menu ;-)

Wow! Thanks... will disable that right away too... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Ok,,,, so un-checking this box fixed the light green tree problem.  What about in the future when we need that box checked for new software/scenery that has yet to come out?  Lockheed put this new feature there for a reason. 

I doubt any new software or scenery is going to depend on those trees, it wouldn't be viable because it is a user decision, not embedded in P3D code. it's a gimmick in the best sense, only usable really when flying in a chopper it adds a unique atmosphere (and lowers fps), so you think you might be interested in a scenery that requires you to enable the funky green trees?

Lockheed put that in there for the reason of letting a user "play" with it. It's a newer technique for those "special" occasions.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's