Sign in to follow this  
captain420

P3D v4 graphic settings for best overall performance/visuals

1 hour ago, RTK1972 said:

Without the AM entry i get blurries after a few seconds of course. But with it no blurries.

Could be that the Value=0 is not a "value within the sim " and therefor the standard 0.33 is used by the sim ?

Just a thought.

Btw  , i have performance gain in FSDT KLAX with OPENLCNA vs FTXSCA. (but also a different product for sure)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

7 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Could be that the Value=0 is not a "value within the sim " and therefor the standard 0.33 is used by the sim ?

Just a thought.

Btw  , i have performance gain in FSDT KLAX with OPENLCNA vs FTXSCA. (but also a different product for sure)

Thanks

Michael Moe

i tried it a minute ago with 0.33 to even crosscheck if it ist the same as 0.

Nope.... nearly 8 frames less with 0.33

Carsten U

Interesting find. I currently use AM=85 but with FFTF=0.33, I achieved the best results with this combo since my FSX days. But might be worth trying AM=255 together with FFTF=0... But then, currently my P3Dv4 works nice, so why change...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

FFTF=0.33 = default, pointless entry. 

If you want to gain performance 0.10, some say 0.01 does not give any better than 0.10. but 0.01 is the lowest you can set.

It's the time per second give to loading textures. So if your texture loading is good you can try a lower figure. 

AM=85 is best for 4 core HT ON for max textures loading. AM=0 =:laugh:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

AM=85 is best for 4 core HT ON for max textures loading.

That was my experience with FSX...  With P3DV4, no AM (default) is actually better.

• Upvote 1

Bert

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

That was my experience with FSX...  With P3DV4, no AM (default) is actually better.

You mean with four core +HT, yes that's right. There's less in the main thread and the adjacent LP carries less overhead, completely different to FSX.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I was talking for 3.4 than v4.

59 minutes ago, SteveW said:

You mean with four core +HT, yes that's right. There's less in the main thread and the adjacent LP carries less overhead, completely different to FSX.

Steve With 4 cores and HT on are you now seeing/saying no need for a AM?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

P3Dv4 is not the same as v3 or FSX so no AM works better. You'll still need to consider the AM with more cores in the future but they did a good job on it.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SteveW said:

P3Dv4 is not the same as v3 or FSX so no AM works better. You'll still need to consider the AM with more cores in the future but they did a good job on it.

Great thx Steve

• Upvote 1

Is it still beneficial to take other addons/processes off core 0 even with no AM? 

I7 6700 w/hyperthreading on here.

Thanks

Ben

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

Probably.

Putting less work to each core and spreading work evenly, it can run better. So a good approach might be to run the sim with no other exe apps, observe how it uses the CPU, then arrange your exe apps to fit around it with their own AM controlled. Keeping in mind that with HT enabled each core is a pair of Logical Processors sharing that core, so offloading from one LP to another on the same core only gets advantage from hyperthreading and not the advantage of moving to a whole separate core. When exe apps are added into the mix they might also utilise SimConnect the network protocol to communicate with the sim, which for each connection would increase work within the sim to varying extent and alter the way we observed it working in the first place. A very complicated problem to know what to do each system is very different.

• Upvote 1

Depending on a lot of things - check out your terrain res slider. Start with 1m or 2m, increasing resolution in stops. Too much can create a sawtooth nature to the fps flow. Try to use settings that do not push any cores to the max, so that there is a little overhead to soak up bursts of extra activity. Too much pushing those cores to the max can produce the effect of slow scenery loading.

26 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Probably.

Putting less work to each core and spreading work evenly, it can run better. So a good approach might be to run the sim with no other exe apps, observe how it uses the CPU, then arrange your exe apps to fit around it with their own AM controlled. Keeping in mind that with HT enabled each core is a pair of Logical Processors sharing that core, so offloading from one LP to another on the same core only gets advantage from hyperthreading and not the advantage of moving to a whole separate core. When exe apps are added into the mix they might also utilise SimConnect the network protocol to communicate with the sim, which for each connection would increase work within the sim to varying extent and alter the way we observed it working in the first place. A very complicated problem to know what to do each system is very different.

I have a 6 core 5820k; never used HT before, been on p3d v4 which I love, do I need to switch HT on now in v4 with a 6 core?

Simon

You're not going to see that much difference and you can easily make things worse depending on what's running. If you got time to experiment with it have a go. 

I just adjusted my P3dv4 settings slightly.  I have AA set at 8x, while I've reduced texture size to 2048x2048.  Not sure why, but performance in Carenado's Premier 1 and my photoreal scenery really improved, but I cannot notice any difference in texture quality, everything seems to look as it did before.  The Premier 1 was the only aircraft which hit my fps, it seems to like this change, have flown an extended flight over my Colorado photoreal scenery and everything seems better.

John