Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03JUN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II now available in Prepar3D v4

I have all blank displays and no click spots.  Is anyone else seeing this?  It almost seems like an activation issue, but I'm not sure. 

• Upvote 1

Eric Szczesniak

For those of you that either stayed with P3d v3.3 or rolled back you will get a message that you have to upgrade to 3.4.  I choose since I lived the OOM world to just load P3D into Ver4.   I ran into this and wanted to share.    Robert you and your team ROCKS

Hmm, PMDG birds crash P3D v4 when loading the 3d world...anyone else?

spacer.png

Never asked for activation, sitting on the end of KATL's runway with engines running, black screens, and no landing gear.

:huh:

Jack Sawyer

1 hour ago, dbvetter said:

The install notes say "

When I tried to install the only options were to repair or uninstall (I still have it in V3 so I guess it meant that one) but the notes say it will offer the option to choose the version.   I did not get this

Daniel,

You didn't read my installation notes did you...  Never mind, I already know you didn't.  :blink:

Scroll up to the top and read them.  It will answer your question.  If it doesn't- just follow the instructions anyway.

• Upvote 2

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi,

I followed Robert's guide on uninstalling and reinstalling the QoTS for v3 and fresh install in v4 but v3 crashes on exit every time. I've started a thread in the 747 support forums with more info: 

Any ideas of what may cause the .dll to crash on exiting the sim?

Cheers

Sumit S.

Gents,

Quick clarification for those who aren't familiar:

A single activation on your machine will allow you to run in both Prepar3D v3 and Prepar3D v4.  If you have the 747 installed and activated already in P3D v3, you will not be asked to activate uniquely for P3D v4.

That being said, you MUST run the uninstaller and remove the 747 from P3D v3 BEFORE you install to P3D v4, else your license will not work in P3D v4...

If you follow our installation instructions, and you are not seeing the airplane run, the first thing I would do is to make certain you run the installer as an administrator, and that you are running the sim as administrator.  Failing that- hit up support and one of us will help you through it.

IMPORTANT:  This isn't difficult...  Don't over-think-it!

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I did 100% exactly as you say Robert.  No antivirus, no Defender, ever.  Always run everything as admin, not over thinking anything.  I have a plane without gear, black screens, and now what?

Ok, I'm game, I'll open a ticket.

EDIT:

Okay...I go to your regular site but can't figure out how to create a ticket.  The buttons bring me back here.

I'm not frustrated, no, not at all.  I like this.

Jack Sawyer

Robert, as I can't get it for a while anway (away), the RAAS module you mention that will be updated, while everyone will get it that way will you guys also have an updated new full version including it whenever it's ready?

Thanks. 

Great news!   Lets go flying! :gaul:

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

Awesome!!! PMDG is the best in the business as far as I am concern. Thank you for your dedication and hard work to make this possible. 

David

It's installing in my v4 version..but not my v3 since I do not have the latest client for v3 installed...it's about 0.2 versions prior. Since it was running fine I did not care to update to the current version of v3.

So folks if you want this in your P3Dv3, it needs the latest client.

Right, Robert? 

But I am ok with it being only in V4 for now, I'll update that when I find some time.. V3 is already getting long on the tooth! P3Dv3 is an ole bag! :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

She flies lovelier than ever, Robert! Thank you for the 64bit upgrade! It is indeed an amazing step forward!

I also own the 777 for FSX... can't wait until you upgrade it to v4 to buy it.

cheers

-E

Enrique Vaamonde

Looking at my active memory, i would have oom'd hard on v3... i love  x64

First flight NZCH-NZAA with ORBX, I got over 8GB RAM used. Well done LM and PMDG.