Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03JUN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II now available in Prepar3D v4

Had FSUIPC5 installed here before installing the 747 - didn't have any issue with activation, gears or displays, so there must be another factor involved

Before or after does not really matter.. if I removed FSUIPC5 it works OK otherwise I got no gear and black gauges. 

59 minutes ago, ruben.soto.t said:

Had FSUIPC5 installed here before installing the 747 - didn't have any issue with activation, gears or displays, so there must be another factor involved

Before or after does not really matter.. if I removed FSUIPC5 it works OK otherwise I got no gear and black gauges. 

Well, that still indicates that there must be a third factor at work.

If it was purely an FSUIPC5 + 747 issue, then everyone with those two products would be experiencing the same thing

Mark Fox

Mark Fox

My reaction was a bit premature, having the issue now also. Removing FSUIPC5 solves it... 

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

Did anyone see an issue with a beacon reflection of the inboard engines? Instead of a red a get a gray reflections.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I seem to get it randomly when loading a saved flight, never when setting up the plane new. A few times in the same session it will be fine and from then on the displays are black and don't come back even after a restart of P3D or the PC. I don't need this too often, just today I was sorting out autogen and performance when approaching New York, so reloaded a savegame a few times.

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

6 hours ago, Parrot said:

Hi PMDG team.

Thanks for a great product and the effort to make it available for P3DV4.

I have an issue to get the dowload to start from my account page after following procedure explained. After clicking the link, nothing happens, just spinning and waiting. Any suggestions...?

Regards

Jan E. Stene

ENZV - Norway

Problem solved. Browser issue.

Jan Stene

Both CDUs and a locked spot view unlocked and on the second monitor and an average of 40+ FPS... I am officially pleased!

David Rosenblum

• Upvote 1

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals

45 minutes ago, FLHXRider said:

Both CDUs and a locked spot view unlocked and on the second monitor and an average of 40+ FPS... I am officially pleased!

David Rosenblum

YES YES YES.. one of the first thing I noticed about P3Dv4 was, I could undock any panel from any aircraft and move it to another monitor, without an FPS hit.

One other thing I noticed about this 747. On some not all 747s of PMDG I noticed the neon Magenta AP Directory... I've seen on real airliners, they are bright neon magenta lines... On other (PMGD 747s), they are light pink lines. 

Could someone explain that..do real aircraft also come in different magenta variants? 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

9 minutes ago, Manny said:

YES YES YES.. one of the first thing I noticed about P3Dv4 was, I could undock any panel from any aircraft and move it to another monitor, without an FPS hit.

One other thing I noticed about this 747. On some not all 747s of PMDG I noticed the neon Magenta AP Directory... I've seen on real airliners, they are bright neon magenta lines... On other (PMGD 747s), they are light pink lines. 

Could someone explain that..do real aircraft also come in different magenta variants? 

Only color difference of the flight director cue on the PFD is between CRT and LCD displays. And that's probably also the case in real life 747s.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

7 minutes ago, Heffron said:

Only color difference of the flight director cue on the PFD is between CRT and LCD displays. And that's probably also the case in real life 747s.

Isn't all the variant of the current PMDG 747 all CRTs? 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

No, the ERF and ER are LCD only and the rest can switch between  CRT and LCD.

It says I have an outdated version of P3D v4 - how does one update P3D?

Noah Bryant

I installed into P3d V4 first.  I did not have the 747 in P3d v.3.4.  I tried to run the installer again to put it into v. 3.4, but all I got was repair or remove.  Do  have to download the installer again. 

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

1 hour ago, Bob_Z said:

I installed into P3d V4 first.  I did not have the 747 in P3d v.3.4.  I tried to run the installer again to put it into v. 3.4, but all I got was repair or remove.  Do  have to download the installer again. 

Think you have to uninstall the 747, then run the installer again, at which point it should give you the option to install it into both.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.