Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03JUN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II now available in Prepar3D v4

Did I miss something in the notes. I'm not planning on upgrading to P3Dv4 for awhile. I'll be sticking with 3.4 for a few more months. Am I still required to do a uninstall and reinstall? Was there updates to the 747 for v3 user that I will be missing? Besides making it compatible with v4 I saw no list of fixes for v3 users. 

Thanks

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

2 hours ago, NoahBryant said:

It says I have an outdated version of P3D v4 - how does one update P3D?

I figured this out. My P3D 4 activation was broken. As soon as I launched it again and re-activated the PMDG installer worked fine. I think it was just confused and thought an un-registered P3D was an out-of-date P3d. 

That being said, I also need to update my v3 install - what is the correct way to do that?

Noah Bryant

16 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Did I miss something in the notes. I'm not planning on upgrading to P3Dv4 for awhile. I'll be sticking with 3.4 for a few more months. Am I still required to do a uninstall and reinstall? Was there updates to the 747 for v3 user that I will be missing? Besides making it compatible with v4 I saw no list of fixes for v3 users. 

Thanks

Conidering the fact that the title of the thread as well as the content of the thread is only geared toward p3d v4, what makes you think that you have to do a reinstall for p3d v3.4?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Just now, ahsmatt7 said:

Conidering the fact that the title of the thread as well as the content of the thread is only geared toward p3d v4, what makes you think that you have to do a reinstall for p3d v3.4?

Ok, than as a v3 user I saw an update available in the manager and when I went to update it said in order to get the updated I had to download the complete 1.2gb file. Since I don't plan on moving to v4 does it mean I won't get further updates until I do a reinstall or will the next update skip over this as a v3 only user. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something important because I have my 747 setup the way I like them.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

17 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

This is caused by a corrupted install. I had the same issue. It's caused by your anti-virus software interfering with the installation.

1) Uninstall the product.

2) Temporarily disable your antivirus software.

3) Re-install the product and you should be good to go.

The above steps worked for me.

Ended up being FSUIPC5. I installed without FSUIPC5 installed and she fly's beautifully

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

It seems FSUIPC5 blocks the multi step system initialization after loading the 747 V3 either as saved scenery or as a new scenery. The only workaround I found is at first load the scenery with the default F22 airplane and then load ("load vehicle") the 747 V3 . Then initialization runs and everything is fine and you can control everything.

Now as workaround  I rename the FSUIPC.DLL file and no issues arise. I guess there will be an update soon.

Thomas Burchard.

Hello I have no more paintings of my pmdg 747 on p3d v4 I see them in the operation center but they are not in the simulator, the opretion center m offers always an update but does not seem to update it. I have to uninstall the 747 of my p3dv3 before installing on p3dv4. The 747 works very well on p3dv4.
Tank you
Pierre Galarneau

1 hour ago, Pierrzap said:

Hello I have no more paintings of my pmdg 747 on p3d v4 I see them in the operation center but they are not in the simulator, the opretion center m offers always an update but does not seem to update it. I have to uninstall the 747 of my p3dv3 before installing on p3dv4. The 747 works very well on p3dv4.
Tank you
Pierre Galarneau

Yes, the initial post does tell you you need to uninstall it first before you can install it in P3D V4 or both V3 and V4. Also, I believe you'd have to install the liveries in both simulators separately. One simulator won't carry over to the other.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

OK so I too can only get the landing gear and screens and init of the 747 if I enter a default aircraft first then switch to the 747. FSUIPC5 installed. Hope a fix is in the works. Not sure who the fix lies with at the moment. I don't really like loading up two aircraft in the scenario though. Not sure if that has any impact on performance for the session. 

Hi,
Does anybody know when AIRAC will be available for V4? I can not access to their forum for some reasons even though I already subscribed.

Thanks,

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Hello i have installed the update of the 747 for p3dv4, but I no longer have the paintings and the operation center, I still had the p3dv3 when I did the update, but I uninstall the 747 of the p3dv3 before putting up to date.

I have d uninstall the 747 of the p3dv4 and also the p3dv3 completely and then reinstall the 747 only on the p3dv4

I have no operation center, I try to communicate with pmdg and I find myself on this forum there is a way to talk with them I do not know

With whom to communicate to solve this problem.
This is a translation i speak french

Thank you

Pierre Galarneau

34 minutes ago, Pierrzap said:

Hello i have installed the update of the 747 for p3dv4, but I no longer have the paintings and the operation center, I still had the p3dv3 when I did the update, but I uninstall the 747 of the p3dv3 before putting up to date.

I have d uninstall the 747 of the p3dv4 and also the p3dv3 completely and then reinstall the 747 only on the p3dv4

I have no operation center, I try to communicate with pmdg and I find myself on this forum there is a way to talk with them I do not know

With whom to communicate to solve this problem.
This is a translation i speak french

Thank you

Pierre Galarneau

That sounds like an activation problem you might be best submitting a support ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/

-David Lee

Strange. After a fresh install of P3D v4 I installed PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II. When it was installed in P3D v3 the Operatiion Center was found in my start menu, but this time it wasn't. It was installed in the Program Files (x86) folder, nothing in the start menu. Before it was in my Programs Data folder. Everything works though, so I feel blessed lol

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

A few notes:

• Display colors:
    These are tuned to the real displays, and actually vary between LCD and CRT. If your colors seem off, check your HDR settings. These will wash out colors, even with the saturation set properly. I like the effect, but I don't like how it messes with the colors.
  • Liveries:
    P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 are entirely separate sims, in entirely separate directories. The fact that liveries do not carry over shouldn't be surprising. If it is, the basic explanation is that the sims are in separate directories and do not share anything in between them - to include liveries.

Kyle Rodgers