Sign in to follow this  
cteixeira

Remap keypad favorite keys with HidMacros

Hello
Need some help to assign macros on my new mitsai k120 numeric keypad. There are 4 predefined hotkeys that can’t just reassign them.
All other keys where assign with no problem (Keyb1). How to remap those predefined functions keys?
Calculator, internet, e-mail and file browser.
When I press one of those predefined keys it detects my ch pedals instead. Even with pedals switched off.

Thanks

PS:
Keyb1= numeric keypad
Keyb2= default keyboard
Keyb3= hotkeys of numeric Keypad??

http://www.hidmacros.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=446#p1305

1pc:WIN11/64, MSFS,PF3,TRacKir5,SPAD Next,FSUIPC 7,GSX
I7-12700KF/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/CH throttle,Ped/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel
2pc:WIN10 LNM,remote text program,pf3 display

20 minutes ago, cteixeira said:

All other keys where assign with no problem (Keyb1). How to remap those predefined functions keys?

What number is returned when you press the keys using the app at http://keycode.info/.

If you do get numbers and HID macros won't let you remap them, then you may to manually create the entries in the hidmacros.xml file using a text editor.  

I have needed to on several occasions.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Ernie

Thanks for info, but unfortunately wasn't successful. All my keyboards (Keyb1 and 3) favorite keys the result on that website where 0. After that I tested the following: Restart the Pc with keyb1 (num keypad) disconnected and used sharpkeys to disable all favorite keys on Keyb3 (main keyboard). Then restarted pc again to save registry and with keyb1 connected. Used sharpkeys again to try to disable/identify those keys on keyb1 and wasn't successful. Then I realized that, if I pressed 1 on keyb1 and then one of those favorite keys ex: Calculater, hidmacros detected an event 180(). Created a macro, when I pressed the scan the device detected was Ch pro pedals instead of keyb1 with the same result 180(). Following your suggestion, edited the XML file and for that macro replaced the device Ch pro pedals for keyb1. Saved the file and reopen hidmacros, and still calculator showing up when I press that key.....

I7-12700KF/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/CH throttle,Ped/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel

1 hour ago, airernie said:

What number is returned when you press the keys using the app at http://keycode.info/.

If you do get numbers and HID macros won't let you remap them, then you may to manually create the entries in the hidmacros.xml file using a text editor.  

I have needed to on several occasions.

Ernie

Ernie

Thanks for info, but unfortunately wasn't successful. All my keyboards (Keyb1 and 3) favorite keys the result on that website where 0. After that I tested the following: Restart the Pc with keyb1 (num keypad) disconnected and used sharpkeys to disable all favorite keys on Keyb3 (main keyboard). Then restarted pc again to save registry and with keyb1 connected. Used sharpkeys again to try to disable/identify those keys on keyb1 and wasn't successful. Then I realized that, if I pressed 1 on keyb1 and then one of those favorite keys ex: Calculater, hidmacros detected an event 180(). Created a macro, when I pressed the scan the device detected was Ch pro pedals instead of keyb1 with the same result 180(). Following your suggestion, edited the XML file and for that macro replaced the device Ch pro pedals for keyb1. Saved the file and reopen hidmacros, and still calculator showing up when I press that key.....

10 hours ago, cteixeira said:

Thanks for info, but unfortunately wasn't successful.

Sorry it wasn't.

I have a mini-keyboard and usb keypad and the keypad is the only thing running through HID macros.  

Unfortunately, neither have dedicated function keys, so I can't do any testing.  

Best of luck..

Ernest Pergrem

Finally it's done. I used Autohotkeys and it was very simple. If anyone have the same problem and want to know how to do overpass, please follow the link:

https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32706&p=152346#p152346

made two scripts, the first to hook keyboards and the second to remap keys

Have a nice day