Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

My new Washington State z17/z19 tiles...

KORS  Orcas Island....

I generated about 40 tiles shoulder-to-shoulder from Vancouver, then south to cover the State of Washington,that took in the coast, and then eastward to cover the Rocky Mountains, that ends in the Plains.  Just took my first flight with the new tiles ten minutes ago, and chose KORS.

Incredible!  Just incredible...I am so excited to know that I have thousands of square miles tonight to pick and choose....but Orcas Island?  Incredible...

Lovin' it...

Cessna_172_SP_15.pngfree image uploading

Cessna_172_SP_12.png

Cessna_172_SP_13.png

Cessna_172_SP_14.png

Cessna_172_SP_16.png

Cessna_172_SP_17.png

Cessna_172_SP_18.png

Cessna_172_SP_19.png

• Upvote 1

Sesquashtoo,

I am probably in the wrong forum with this query but....

I know that you are or were until recently an FS9 user and follower.  I don't blame you for the migration by the way LOL. I am also aware that you are getting heavily into the ortho scenery for Xplane and this raises a question for me.

I am blissfully unaware of the various scenery formats involved with different flight sim platforms and/or how difficult they are to implement, but do you know if it is at all possible to use ortho scenery tiles in P3Dv4. The result that you are achieving in XPlane11 is incredible to say the least.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Setting up, and coming into KFHR  (Friday Harbor)

Cessna_172_SP_26.png

Cessna_172_SP_27.png

Cessna_172_SP_28.png

Cessna_172_SP_29.png

Cessna_172_SP_30.png

Cessna_172_SP_31.png

In my exploring of the islands, I just found an animated ship, and am about to descend, and do a fly over inspection!

Must be nice to be rich enough, let alone island living...but to have your own private two-court tennis compound!  BTW, the Ferry, docked perfectly with the OSM dock...was fully animated, and unexpected! This rocks!

Cessna_172_SP_48.png

Cessna_172_SP_49.png

Cessna_172_SP_50.png

Cessna_172_SP_52.png

Cessna_172_SP_47.png

• Upvote 2

That looks great... but why no overlay? 

Also, what source are you using? I've been using USA_2 for socal and it looks good with only a few weird coloring issues so far, but much better than BI or GO2. 

I'd love to eventually cover the entire western US.

44 minutes ago, jbrett2634 said:

That looks great... but why no overlay? 

Also, what source are you using? I've been using USA_2 for socal and it looks good with only a few weird coloring issues so far, but much better than BI or GO2. 

I'd love to eventually cover the entire western US.

Well...you DID ask the question...lol.  Why no overlay?

The answer is, with z17 and z19 2 KM's around the airport, I actually DO have very, very clear networks of roads, Jbrett. The REAL roads upon that beautiful earth!  I also have cars that I not only can pick out the color of, but can tell what kind of vehicle it is...sedan, SUV, Pick-Up, Cross-Over...can actually make it out.  Many cars, trucks, semi's, travel trailers, everything has been captured as they were upon the roadways below my wing, on the day the Sat pic was snapped. If you use z17 and up, you will see what it is like truly, as if you were flying in real life.  Take a look at some of the forests I have been flying over, as I pass over the islands...they look 3D!  This has been an incredible journey...from fake, plausible, ground textures that repeat at some point, they HAVE to...for they are drawn from a texture library.  Not with the ortho I am flying over...NOTHING gets repeated, for it is the 'real deal' down there...the real deal'.

I no longer need moving cars, and 3D auto-gen over what I see very clearly as homesteads, farms, high-rises, low-rises, the rich, the not-so-rich part of town..and ALL REAL!!!  I actually am flying from point A of my choosing now, to a real, point B....and nothing within 50 feet advance is the same.  

I don't need overlays any longer, Jbrett.

I have er...'evolved', lol....  BTW, you get night lighting, full lighting at airports, full approach lighting systems, lights from the properties dispersed over the night landscape...and the sky...DANG...the sky over this ortho...with star fields...dang...what a simming experience, now.  I thought lights were only visible with an overlay. WRONG!  I found that out the minute I took a night flight in my totally, non-overlayed entire State of Florida.

So...that's why no overlays...I don't need cartoon over z17 clear-as-a-bell, visuals...especially with z19 two KM's out from all airports and landing fields.  Oh...and did I mention, that you can go crazy with the settings, and get easily 25-infinity FPS, with everything...and I mean everything cranked.  OSM still will place (as you see in my shots)  bridges, piers, apartment buildings, infrastructure that is in its library...so you get a great mix....fabulous clarity at z17/19, with really great OSM placement of infrastructure.  So...that's the deal...some will love overlays on everything, as I did at one point. 

Where I jumped off the overlay boat, was when I did no overlays for the entire State of Florida...took off on the first flight...and blew my simulator mind...for everything ...EVERYTHING was there as in real life, at Punta Gorda, where my sister and brother-in-law have a Winter Condo.  To see everything as it is, as we come down from Toledo Express...is there...not blobs of color, no sir---------, gas stations, restaurants, Walmart, everything is exactly where it should be...and in glorious clarity. What an absolute simming 'High' to take her down to 2,200 feet over the main drag..and KNOW..hey...that's the fish and chip place that I pig out on shrimp at. I was yelling for my wife to come into the Den...and said...'Hon..where do you think I am?"  Not 20 seconds passed..and she said; "that's, Punta Gorda...isn't that the pier...?"  I said; "...it sure is...and NO, you don't get to sit down and explore right now...!"  She humphed, and muttered something under her breath, and left the Den... Yep...it's now the 'real deal'

Oh...my entire tile run for the West Coast was sourced via BI(ing), again converted at z17/19.

Mitch says; "I don't need no stinkin' overlays, baby!"

"I got the real 'deal' down there now...." and am having a Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast!

Cheers,

Mitch

28 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Sesquashtoo,

I know that you are or were until recently an FS9 user and follower.  I don't blame you for the migration by the way LOL. I am also aware that you are getting heavily into the ortho scenery for Xplane and this raises a question for me.

I am blissfully unaware of the various scenery formats involved with different flight sim platforms and/or how difficult they are to implement, but do you know if it is at all possible to use ortho scenery tiles in P3Dv4. The result that you are achieving in XPlane11 is incredible to say the least.

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Hi Tony...to answer you,  yes, I think you can import created content into P3D or FSX, but of course with a totally different program for that purpose. I'd just GOOGLE Ortho creation for P3D and FSX and see what churns up. 

Tony, I still fly FS9 for the tubes...but, and although I have a ton of money past spent for FSX and P3D via Orbx...with what I have seen tonight, shortly taking off from KORS and landing as you see at Friday Harbor (KFHR)...I dunno, truly now, about shelling out for P3D v4.0.  I want to only fly over what you see here...that's the whole purpose in my mind ever, to flight sim...to believe that I have FLOWN somewhere...flown somewhere REAL...and for myself, it's XP11, Ortho4XP, and what you see above, and in my other tile captures.  I'm home!

Cheers,

Mitch

Mitch,

I am incredibly happy for you.  I too just love the XPlane platform but, and this is a big but, I cannot run it with my six monitors as set up in my homebuilt FS9cockpit and partially shown in my avatar. I have moved on from the Phenom and now fly mostly the IFly 737 and the six monitors do an incredible job with more than acceptable frame rates. I am hoping that, if ortho is possible, to set up another computer, network it and just load ortho and or other scenery/utility software onto it to ease the load, so to speak. I shall investigate further and let you know where I am headed.

Regards and thanks

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

17 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Mitch,

I am incredibly happy for you.  I too just love the XPlane platform but, and this is a big but, I cannot run it with my six monitors as set up in my homebuilt FS9cockpit and partially shown in my avatar. I have moved on from the Phenom and now fly mostly the IFly 737 and the six monitors do an incredible job with more than acceptable frame rates. I am hoping that, if ortho is possible, to set up another computer, network it and just load ortho and or other scenery/utility software onto it to ease the load, so to speak. I shall investigate further and let you know where I am headed.

Regards and thanks

Tony

Very cool, Tony, in whatever your flight sim requirements are!

You might want to just whip onto YouTube and type in the search 'Ortho for P3D' and see if any videos pop up. I intend now that you have me curious, to do the same after I shut XP11 down.  It won't be for hours, though...trust me...thank gawd for 64 bit and not being kicked outta the sky, via an OOM!

TTYL,

Washington Mitch

YEA

Tony Chilcott.

2 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Sesquashtoo,

Regards

Tony Chilcott

There is VERY little in the way of Do It Yourself Ortho creation tools for P3D/FSX and certainly nowhere as easy to use as Ortho4XP.    I ended up dropping over $500 on MegaSceneryEarth v2.0 for P3D which was the best solution I could find.     This is one of the best things about X-Plane 11.  What cost hundreds to achieve in P3D is free on X-Plane and you have far more control over the quality of the product rather than relying on a 3rd party to do it for you.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Final parting shot, to end my first exploration of my over-the-weekend, Washington Batch Run with Ortho4XP

Approaching the mainland, beautiful, and peaceful...just floating upon....air...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cessna_172_SP_64.png

• Upvote 1

That is impressive resolution, and I'm tickled that you're so tickled, but it still looks like your flying over pictures to me.  Very sharp and pretty pictures, but pictures.  I, personally, need the 3-dimensional to create the sense of flying over something real.  

14 minutes ago, Griphos said:

That is impressive resolution, and I'm tickled that you're so tickled, but it still looks like your flying over pictures to me.  Very sharp and pretty pictures, but pictures.  I, personally, need the 3-dimensional to create the sense of flying over something real.  

In my real life flying, if this 'picture', looks exactly as to what my eye sees in commercial flights....than to this guy, that's...real.

I just flew from Bellingham Intl, to the Big Guy...and everything that is there in real life...everything that one in a commercial puddle jumper would see...I saw.  As I typed earlier, I did have auto-gen objects sitting on top of the real, visual objects caught with the Sat snap-shot.  Personally, now...I want to see THAT...not a 3D graphic building, from some library set.  I had to see the difference, with Florida, to know what, at least know what this simmer requires out of it. Of course, your needs will totally differ, and they do. Thank goodness, we both can have the representation that we want...and not be stuck with something, we don't! :)

Thumb's up!

Ses

Brian,

Many thanks for your input mate.

Is Megascenery all photoscenery? 

I am really only looking for airspace around Indonesia and all of Australia.

Before investing in P3Dv4, I splurged On ORBX for OZ and also Global, (on sale and with promises of free updates to 64bit) I also own the payware and freeware BDO Aviation Indonesia scenery. I have yet to run P3Dv4 so ORBX is untried and BDO scenery whilst better than default is so-so in FS2004.

Is megascenery a better option in your opinion?

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

First - I am a huge fan of XP11 and ortho4xp (just had to get that out there)

Second - I don't like the way XP11 places autogen outside of a major urban area. To me, the autogen is not spread out evenly enough. Some neighborhoods you might get 90% coverage and then the two beside it won't get any, just roads. I have the objects slider one tick from the right, but even full right doesn't help this. 

For XP - you either have unevenly spread autogen, repeating tree patterns (I hate that tall skinny tree that pops up by itself), and if using ortho4xp trees growing through buildings and on beaches. For FSX/P3D you have roads cutting through neighborhoods, golf courses, etc. Both platforms have issues with autogen.