Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

P3Dv$ D/L, Unzip and Install

Hello all,

I believe That I may have a weeeeee problem here.

1. 12.5Gb download took close to 12 hours...Normal for here in Indonesia.

2. I unzipped The download (using Winzip) and this took 8+ hours. Please note that I had one of our inevitable, daily power fails during a System Restore Just prior to the unzip which necessitated another system restore. This however, may well be causing at least some of my problems.

3. Installation. Upon clicking Setup P3D (last item in the unzip) I immediately get an error "P3D.exe is not a valid Win32 application" Given that I am running Win7 Ultimate 64bit, I can only assume That this is the main source of irritation for the computer and P3Dv4. Also, are these unzipping times normal???

I am happy to re download and unzip again but not if it is not going tol be necessary.

Any thoughts, or even better, some help.

Thanks in advance and, as usual,

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Sultan of swing,

That was my thought too.  However, I did neglect (my bad) to mention that everything else on the computer is working normally. I just had a great flight with FS2004.

I also downloaded and unzipped an FS9  programme and that unzipped very quickly.

Would I be well advised to

1.download V4 again?

2. Bite the bullet and reformat, reinstall every (delete obvious swearword) thing? or

3. try yet another System restore?

Thanks for your response

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I would try unzipping it again.  See what the results are, I unzipped the P3Dv4 download in maybe a minute or so.

--Sean Hart

Thanks mate,

I appreciate that and will let you know what the results are.

Cheers

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Hellol all again,

Well I have downloaded it all again, uninstalled Winzip, downloaded Winzip again, and am now in the process of unzipping P3Dv4. Again, I am looking at the extraction and I have unzipped 1 percent (taken 12 minutes and have 6 hours 21 minutes remaining (this figure is still climbing albeit very slowly) Please note that I am also trialing Winrar atg the moment and the processes and times seem to be exactly the same.

Has anybody got any ideas that could sort this out?

Thanks guys

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Maybe you download file broken, or you can try alternative like WinRar and 7-Zip to extract the files.

Muhamad Aliff

Suspect the download is getting corrupted. You might try a download manager.

Robin

Hello guys,

Thanks for your responses.

I am using IDM for download and have used both Winzip AND Winrar for unzipping.

I am actually thinking of reformatting drive C ... Installing Win10 and starting again. I have to admit something is startlingly wrong but I have no idea what it may be.

Any other suggestions???

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

2 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Hello guys,

Thanks for your responses.

I am using IDM for download and have used both Winzip AND Winrar for unzipping.

I am actually thinking of reformatting drive C ... Installing Win10 and starting again. I have to admit something is startlingly wrong but I have no idea what it may be.

Any other suggestions???

Regards

Tony

Note sure how you have your drives setup but if they are separate and not in a RAID Array you could try moving large files from one drive to another to try and rule out a failing drive.

--Sean Hart

Sean,

Again, I have thought of that but.... everything else is normal as I said I downloaded a jetway zip(for FS2004) and that unzipped in seconds.  I suspect that the problem is in the download itself and I am using Internet download manager (IDM) for the dfownload.  That takes about 4 hours at my internet speeds and I think that is probably normal.

Got me beat for sure.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.