Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

URP v1.1 for P3D v4 released

1 hour ago, Sumits81 said:

Hi there,

Thanks for the tool. Not having used URP before, I have a question- can this be installed without the need to use reshade in P3D v4? I really don't want to mess with reshade or its likes.

Cheers

Yes, as shown above, simply select the shader presets which say "Without Reshade", and there's no need to install ReShade.

• Upvote 1

Hi.

Do i need to load the ReShade profile somehow? I picked the high contrast one (With Reshade). Doesn't list a profile for me to load in-game with ReShade panel open (Shift+F2)

Is there a way to make the trees darker? It would be nice to get away with the performance gain with shadows being off but they need to be on or else you get this

BvB7rSv.jpg

tRf6dkr.jpg

@kcgb

Is that with or without reshade? What shadows did you enable on the second image? Terrain shadows?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

That is without reshade, and with both full tree shadows and terrain shadows

4 minutes ago, kcgb said:

That is without reshade, and with both full tree shadows and terrain shadows

Ok, thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I like the settings with this tool.. during day time and even at night.

But during dawn and dusk (my fav time to fly), There is an issue... The Dawn and dusk are very short. and the lights on the streets do not come on until its quite dark.  In the old tool in v3, I used to have a very well lit city with street lights early dawn... all lit up.. It used to be glorious. Which I miss.

like this..

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2806/33647662802_de931ef375_o.jpg

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Apart from very dark dawn and Dusk, but day time, the blue scatttering is very nice.

35098412465_31100d10ef_k.jpg

Manny

18 minutes ago, gregoryv said:

What I need to back up before using URP?

Thanks

Nothing.

Manny

3 hours ago, Manny said:

But during dawn and dusk (my fav time to fly), There is an issue... The Dawn and dusk are very short. and the lights on the streets do not come on until its quite dark.  In the old tool in v3, I used to have a very well lit city with street lights early dawn... all lit up.. It used to be glorious. Which I miss.

like this..

I also noticed the lights just come on when the terrain is already completely dark. Maybe this can be fixed.

• Upvote 1

Alvega

8 hours ago, kcgb said:

Is there a way to make the trees darker? It would be nice to get away with the performance gain with shadows being off but they need to be on or else you get this

I would disable the 3d trees. They managed to absolutely ruin my frames, and honestly look kinda weird.

• Upvote 1

I would disable the 3d trees. They managed to absolutely ruin my frames, and honestly look kinda weird.

Those are the orbx trees

9 hours ago, Syonco said:

Hi.

Do i need to load the ReShade profile somehow? I picked the high contrast one (With Reshade). Doesn't list a profile for me to load in-game with ReShade panel open (Shift+F2)

Since the app is shipped as an addon, and sits in the addon folder with all the files needed, including reshade presets, it should list two presets when you open reshade in the sim. If for some reason it doesn't work, please go to "c:\Users\username\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\URP v1.1 for P3D v4\ReShade Files\" and copy all the files (except INSTRUCTIONS.txt) to the root of P3D folder, and overwrite when asked (DirtOVB and DirtOVR).

5 hours ago, Manny said:

like this..

The thing is I can't make the URP perfect for everyone, it's impossible. Also, I had to sacrifice some areas of it If I wanted visuals like this during daytime in the sim. Specific shadow values made dusk and dawn dark, and that is how I like it.

Two RW examples:

airplane-743463_960_720.jpg

Lancair-IV-P-at-sunset.jpg

• Upvote 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.